Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, new member from Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Picked up my Bobber new in September, only managed to put 400miles on her before the snow started. Currently tucked up in the garage having winter mods done.

So far I have done:

- 500 mile service (dealer).
- Reflector removal.
- Exhaust system fully ceramic coated in black.
- Black TEC X-Pipe fitted.
- Black TEC levers fitted.
- Sprocket cover/cap crinkle powder coated.
- Footpegs, brake/clutch pedals, lower handlebar clamps, sidestand, headlamp ring, headlamp bracket, handlebars and airfilter covers powdercoated in satin black.
- Seat bucket powdercoated gloss black.
- Triumph black oil filler
- Triumph black machined handlebar clamp.
- Triumph heated grips.
- Triumph rear paddock bobbins.
- Oxford battery tender.

Next job I have lined up is removing the engine covers to have them crinkle coated, I have the new gaskets but not looking forward to that job in the slightest, so any tips would be appreciated.

Only other things I fancy doing are, smaller turn signals, side mounted plate and some black engine
badges.

I'm currently away for work, and she is in a few pieces at the moment so will get some photos of the progress up when she is back together.

Here are a few pics of the powdercoated parts though I stole from the guys facebook page.

**obligatory dealer bike collection photograph**

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
good job..nice bike..

and lovely Scottish's avatar..:wink2:

Reactions: jock_rocket

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello there

Nice work on your bike.

I recently joined the bobber forum but can’t see how to start my own thread (only reply to other posts). I have contacted the administrators but have had no reply from anyone. Can you tell me how you were able to start a thread please.
I’m currently having my tank and mudguards painted

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello there

Nice work on your bike. Looks great.

I recently joined the bobber forum but can’t see how to start my own thread (only reply to other posts). I have contacted the administrators but have had no reply from anyone. Can you tell me how you were able to start a thread please.

I’m currently having my tank and mudguards painted and have had lots of extras on the bike so have lots of spares too (including short front mudguard).
I also produce replica tax discs which look great on the Bobber (mine is sporting an 1954 disc and is in a lovely brass tax disc holder I found on the internet and dates from 1920)

Cheers

Clive

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Hello there

Nice work on your bike. Looks great.

I’m currently having my tank and mudguards painted and have had lots of extras on the bike so have lots of spares too (including short front mudguard).
I also produce replica tax discs which look great on the Bobber (mine is sporting an 1954 disc and is in a lovely brass tax disc holder I found on the internet and dates from 1920)

Cheers

Clive
I replied to your question in the thread (below) last night an hour after your original post:
http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/321-off-topic-discussion/7074-new-boots.html

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Does the x-pipe affect the power delivery in any way?
It does free up a couple ponies and changes the throttle response some. Drops a handful of pounds as well. Def beefs up the sound by removing the cat to.

Do a search on the forum, many members have commented on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts