Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Been looking about for a Bobber forum and found you guys!

Short bike history so far. I've only been riding about 4 years now (late starter). Started with a 125cc cafe racer before taking full UK test. Then MK1 Kawasaki Versys, brief foray into sportbikes with the CBR650 then MK3 Versys about 18 months ago. Took the Versys in for a service a few weeks ago and test rode a bobber as it was the only free loaner bike they had that day. Three days later paid up for the bobber and waved goodbye to the Versys!

Couldnt' believe how much fun I had on the test ride. Should be picking her up on the 26th this month when i return home from this work trip.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
I really enjoyed riding in Inverness and the surrounding areas.
Beautiful scenery and super friendly people.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. We have some great roads in Scotland but not always the weather to match. I'm a little concerned about range as my Versys would easily do 200 miles to a tank. Guess I'm going to become a lot more familiar with the petrol stations around me.

I ordered the regular bobber, in black with the LED headlight, LED sidelights, heated grips (because Scotland) and also the quilted brown seat.

Not sure about upgrades but will likely get the small luggage rack to sit on the rear guard.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome

Was up in Ayr the other week (on 4 wheels sadly) but cemented my desire to get up country and ride some of the amazing roads you have in Scotland.

Cheers, Ed

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the mad house

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have a fantastic place to ride!

Scotland is one of my favorite places to visit. I have been there three times and I hope to visit again soon.

Did I mention that I love Single Malt Scotch. :grin2: (So far I've tried 590 different Scotches. I keep a spread sheet.)

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
You're a better man than I @gfspencer, I love single malt Scotch but normally get a little too carried away to make any legible notes..:laugh:

We did go to a really great 'speak easy' here in town last night. A wonderful selection of whisky. I found a local (Arizona) brand that was a smokey mesquite. It reminded me a lot of Bowmore (my favorite), easily the best American whiskey I have had to date. I think I will be heading back..:surprise:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the forum. Good to see another Bobber in Scotland!
Can't say that I've actually seen any others on the road yet!

Funny enough I think my first ride will be through Arbroath on the day i pick it up if the weather's nice. I've got to go Aberdeen to Dundee and will take the coastal road. Been up and down it many times.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can't say that I've actually seen any others on the road yet!

Funny enough I think my first ride will be through Arbroath on the day i pick it up if the weather's nice. I've got to go Aberdeen to Dundee and will take the coastal road. Been up and down it many times.

Might see you around. There aren't too many Bobbers going around so I usually end up talking to other owners if I see them parked up. The Regional Contact for the HTOC stays across the bridge from Dundee and has a Morello red Bobber. Attached a photo of mine in case you see it around. Hope you love the bike as much as I love mine :wink2:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts