Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Purchased my '17 Bobber a few weeks ago and am really enjoy her around town. I also have a '15 Road Glide Special all done up, which is ideal for longer rides but I also wanted something different... completely different.

The Bobber feels like a bicycle compared to the Harely in weight and handling. At 5'6" it takes a TON of effort to move that Harley when its not running.

Purchased the Bobber already modified... which I'm guessing greatly reduced the potential universe of potential buyers, and drove the price down ($7400 w/2,300 miles). It had many of the mods I would be doing anyway.

Of course I can't leave anything alone, so I added a fly screen, up and in risers, swing arm bag, new EBC brakes and just waiting for the 16 tooth front sprocket to arrive from A & J 's. It came with full exhaust, short rear fender, changed directions & tail lights, air box elimination, seat and more!

If anyone recognizes the bike (its from PA) please let me know.

Larry

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hey Larry, Welcome!

Sweet Bike! And a excellent bike combo!

You should throw a picture in the Let's See Your Other Bikes...But There's a Catch..! Thread.

I can't speak for every one, But I like seeing all the different kinds two wheelers the members here have!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Larry,

Ride that beautiful bobber like you stole it cause you did!!! :)

Be sure to visit the fine folks at A&J and Locomotion.

Hope to see you at Distinguished Gentleman's ride coming up next month too!

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the group! The mods you have planned sound great, so please keep us updated and let us know what you love and what you don't, just like the rest of us do as much as we can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reduced size front sprocket was a great and affordable upgrade! The semi sintered EBC pads front and back didn't seem to have much effect vs. the organic OEM pads.

As Brian from A & J told me; yes, your chain has enough adjustment in it to take up the slack. MPH seemed slightly off - maybe 3 mph which would make sense with a 6% reduction up front. 6th gear at 63 on the speedo spins at 2,800 rpm. Highly suggest this simple and cheap mod.

I rode with a few friends on Saturday with 1200 Sportsters. We had the opportunity to have a mini drag race 4 bikes, two lanes, a traffic light, 65 mph zone and an empty road. They drop their clutches, front ends up in the air. I had a nice soft start. End of first the TC light came on, hit second and blew by them like they we standing still.

No front wheel lifting yet by shear power... still needs more!

Larry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Larry,

Ride that beautiful bobber like you stole it cause you did!!! :)

Be sure to visit the fine folks at A&J and Locomotion.

Hope to see you at Distinguished Gentleman's ride coming up next month too!

Tom
I plan on being there! A & J is only 30 minutes form me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts