Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been browsing a while now and I thought I might as well join in.

I'm Tony, I live in the suburbs of west London here in the UK. I own a Street Triple which is my workhorse for commuting into London town and I have a second bike for pleasure. In the past I've been a sports bike guy and more recently moved onto the roadsters and have never really liked the retro styles that Triumph have been putting out.

That was until the Bobber was announced. I was instantly drawn to it. I was put off a bit by the tank range that every review flagged up as a problem. I had a test ride and liked the bike, but was still undecided due to the tank and the fact I wanted it for long rides in the countryside rather than a quick pose in Chelsea high street and a fancy coffee at the bike shed. "No problem" the dealer said "Have it for a whole day." I took him up on the offer and spent a whole warm, sunny day riding country roads on it and felt right at home. The range turned out to not be a problem and when I got back I put my money down for one. Bog standard, in Ironstone.

I took delivery of my Bobber at the begining of the summer, when I traded in my Speed Triple. Unfortunately I haven't had much of a chance to ride it much as soon after I picked it up I fractured my wrist and spent the summer recouperating. :crying: I was back on the bikes in September and I've had a few spins on the bobber when the weather has been kind.

I've recently decided to make a few changes to the bike and last weekend I had stage one done:

Whitewall tyres :grin2: Apparently they are in pretty short supply in the UK at the moment and my trye guy at first told me Avon only had one rear available and that they didn't know when more would be available. Then he had an idea and got hold of someone else he knew at Avon and located a front for me. Sweet.

This weekend the bike will be going into the dealers to have the rear mudguard changed for the short version, the side plate and also some rizoma stop/indicator lights. At the same time I'm having some paintwork done by nice guy Gary at Surrey Customs (2 units down from the dealer).

Last on my list will be a swingarm bag, but I can't decide which one to go for.

Anyway, hi all.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Hi Tony,

I love the whitewalls. I'll probably do them next year when the current ones need replacing.

I too was put off my the range, but now I have it it's not so bad. I'll probably put on a Speedmaster tank, or wait to see what else the aftermarket produces. I bought on of the La Rose saddlebags (search Amazon, or this site) that has a space gas cylinder. Also TriRocket put on a T120 tank, which I didn't initially like to look of, but now it's been painted I think looks great.

So many farkles, so little time...

- Pasta

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nice looking bike, I like the white walls, just not sure if there for me.
Quick question, when you put the exhaust wrap on, can I presume it went over the top of the downpipe covers and not directly onto the downpipes?? Thanks.

And welcome.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome to the Boards Tony

One quick question for you - did you wrap the zorst yourself or get it done by someone?

If it was done by someone can you let me know who and how much please :) (PM if you dont weant to post it up) ta

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the Boards Tony

One quick question for you - did you wrap the zorst yourself or get it done by someone?

If it was done by someone can you let me know who and how much please :) (PM if you dont weant to post it up) ta
I checked the bill last night, it was £33 per pipe, plus VAT and fitting. I had it done by the local dealer, Jack Lilley.

HI Tony

Does the SX stand for a 'lamby' SX or is that a terrible slur. You can own up, I have one as well :D

Or is it for Essex?

Actually it originates from a car I used to own, a Nissan 200SX

And now you've outed yourself as a lamby owner :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
And now you've outed yourself as a lamby owner :D
:grin2::grin2::grin2:

I had to ride one to work back in the 80's, but at least it didn't belong to me... :wink2:

Welcome here mate!

Cheers!
mike

Reactions: SXTony
1 - 10 of 10 Posts