Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
my name is Fabrizio, I'm 48 y.o.
I live in a village in the north of Italy close to Switzerland boundary.
I am a sailing enthusiast.
I own a brand new Bobber Black since a couple of days. This is the first Triumph for me.
I previously owned some motorbikes as:
  • Honda VT600C Shadow MY'93
  • Honda CBR900RR FireBlade MY'99
  • Honda CB900F Hornet MY'02
  • Yamaha FZ1 Fazer MY'06 (purchased used in 2009)
  • Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS MY'15
and now the Bobber Black in Matt Jet Black colour.

Unfortunately the weather is not so good here. it started to rain right after I took the bike home...
I have not the opportunity to ride the bike so much. it seems it will rain for a week here... :frown2:

Currently she is still stock, but I'm considering buying accessories and making some upgrades... :grin2:

I think this forum is a right place to learn about the bike.
Thanks to everybody! :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Welcome to the forum Fabrizio and congrats on your choice of Bobber. I couldn’t agree with your choice more...but perhaps I’m a little bias! ;)

I’ve visited Italy on many occasions and driven all over. I have to say that of all the places I’ve been in the world it is top of my list of places to retire to one day!

Are you relatively close to Lake Maggiore?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum Fabrizio and congrats on your choice of Bobber. I couldn’t agree with your choice more...but perhaps I’m a little bias! ;)

I’ve visited Italy on many occasions and driven all over. I have to say that of all the places I’ve been in the world it is top of my list of places to retire to one day!

Are you relatively close to Lake Maggiore?
Hi Mike,
Thank you

So you probably visited more places in Italy than me... :laugh:

Yes I live about 30km far from Lake Maggiore and usually I go there for sailing. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hi Mike,
Thank you

So you probably visited more places in Italy than me... :laugh:

Yes I live about 30km far from Lake Maggiore and usually I go there for sailing. :grin2:
Haha maybe... but then again, when I’m in London and I need to know where something is... I always ask a tourist as they have most often done their homework! :)

What a beautiful place to live... I also envy the roads you have at your disposal. Hope the weather clears for you soon ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny when I look at the stock bike, I sometimes think I should have made no changes. Same bike as mine and it is beautiful right out of the showroom with no mods. Welcome to the forum.
Hi Steve,

I agree with you the stock bike looks amazing as it is (...particularly in matt black colour!).

The changes I'm thinking are small changes about the "style" using parts from the Triumph original accessories catalog as: the clutch badge, acg badge, tps cover, the seat and something like that.
I can say "a smooth fine tuning style upgrade operation". :laugh:

and probably also the de-cat with the X-Pipe... >:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum, great place to live! We used to ski in on Pila(Aosta) some great roads for riding too ?
Hi Tomsy,
Thank you
I've been there a couple of times a long time ago.
I skied when I was teen.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Frabrizio. And congratulations on your new BB. The only thing better than riding those roads on your Bobber might be in an Alfa Romeo with the top down! Hope the weather clears so you can make some stops at the nearest trattoria. ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the forum, Frabrizio. And congratulations on your new BB. The only thing better than riding those roads on your Bobber might be in an Alfa Romeo with the top down! Hope the weather clears so you can make some stops at the nearest trattoria. ??
Hi jerrman,
thank you
what kind of Alfa do you prefer?
in my mind there is only one Alfa now: the new Giulia Quadrifoglio! >:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Fabrizio,

Congratulations great bike (coincidently looks a lot like mine) .
1 modification I definately can recommend from experience (last time i HAD to use it was somewhere in the Italian, or was it Swiss?, Alpes) is a small bag with a 1l canister to bring you to the next petrol station (hopefully)
Weather, see it like this, although climate change is not real (according to some) I’ve been driving my bikes (being the careful type driving a car when it might be raining) a lot this year, and guess (hope) next year is not going to be worse.

Cu
Léon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Leon, thank you.
Where did you placed the canister on your bike?
Did you build something of custom for this purpose?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi,

If you take the original triumph bag for the rear swing arm (only left side), you can, with some violence, insert a 1l Fuel-friend canister ( check amazon) as Saïd Some violence, but i guess you are not aiming to take that bag out every second trip.
If you, also possible, would decide to choose for as aan example The Bike-brothers, swing arm bag(S), you could have a small bag left And right. I cannot guarantee in that case if the ff canister will fit.

Cu
Léon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts