Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alan, 48, from Ireland. Bobber, in black, and about to put on the rubber tank pads and heated grips this week (first bike I will ever own with heated grips in 34 years of biking; my arthritic fingers will thank me).

Have owned various Jap, German and Italian machines and moved on to Harleys about five years ago (yes, I know). Had no plans to change but a bobber test ride for a laugh changed that. Great machine and in fairness, beautiful to look at.

I will add one of those small dart screens shortly but what I really want is a set of crash bars. I’m leaning towards SW Motech but I like the large Fehling ones but can’t seem to find good pics of them on a bobber?? .....

Anyway, this forum is great, I’ve been stalking for some time now. I won’t be of any use but I’ll post some pics of the bike in very scenic spots from time to time to make an effort.

Alan

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

A few years ago I spent a very happy ten days touring around Ireland on a BMW R1200GS. Ireland is a beautiful place!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you're already making changes to create just the right bike for you. You'll love the heated grips as the temps keep dropping. Looking forward to seeing pics of your travels.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
You'll love the heated grips as the temps keep dropping.
When I first started riding seriously my BMW dealer tried to get me to buy heated grips. I poo-pooed the idea. What difference could heated hand grips make? Finally I bought a bike that came with heated grips. Was I ever surprised to see what I had been missing!?! The heated grips made riding so much more comfortable on cool days.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Alan, You might want to wait to add that dart screen until you have some time on the road. You may not need it since you sit so low in the saddle. When the Bobber first came out, I loved it, but thought I'd need a windshield. After my test ride, I realized I didn't need it. Anyway, just a suggestion. Welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, but Ireland's a bot damp for a Bobber surely?
Ireland’s a bit damp for bikes in general but what can you do. The horrific reality of climate change and the calamity that will befall millions around the globe will also lead to some more sunny days here apparently. So every cloud etc.

Alan, You might want to wait to add that dart screen until you have some time on the road. You may not need it since you sit so low in the saddle. When the Bobber first came out, I loved it, but thought I'd need a windshield. After my test ride, I realized I didn't need it. Anyway, just a suggestion. Welcome.
You might be right in that but any relief from inevitable rain will be a welcome boost for morale.
I have the heated grips now and they are excellent, don’t know how I lived without them. The tank rubber knee pads are also excellent. I love the look and they are quite practical.

So all good so far, just crash bars next ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts