Triumph Bobber Forum banner

New jacket

6K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Ethariel 
#1 ·
So for my birthday I have a new jacket: https://the-cafe-racer.com/richa-go...MI2-XAnt3n3QIVVed3Ch2EIA8bEAQYASABEgJY5PD_BwE

Wow, its soooo soft to touch, with special D3O armour in all the right places, removable liner, but is so warm to wear with the current drop in temperature, had a ride out in it covering 110 miles and it was fantastic, it was great blasting the A377 in Devon, looking back in the mirrors watching the leaves vortex around, the road was deserted for miles, it was a ride that had me thinking " if this is the last ride this year then I can park up happy."

Cheers

#4 ·
Nice, glad to hear you like your new gear and had a great maiden voyage.! I'm in the market for a new jacket myself. I've generally had Dainese gear, but now checking our roland sands. Anyone here ever gone down with RSD gear? Curious how it holds up compared to the more race inspired gear I've had.

#5 · (Edited)
I just picked up a Roland Sands jacket. I believe it is the Walker. I was deadest on the Ronin but felt the cheaper Walker was a better design. So far, I really like the jacket, comfortable and keeps me warm. In the past I had a Dainese, I can't stand the speed devil emblem....

I picked my Jacket up at the Roland Sands shop in Los Alamitos, California. It was on a Saturday when no one was around in the shop. The kind lady at the register gave me a personal tour of the shop! Awesome stuff. Apparently, he no longer does "low end" work.... gotta have 5 figures for them to even think about a job.

#6 ·
I picked my Jacket up at the Roland Sands shop in Los Alamitos, California. It was on a Saturday when no one was around in the shop. The kind lady at the register gave me a personal tour of the shop! Awesome stuff.
I was going to poo poo Roland Sands stuff until I looked at his designs. Nice stuff!

It looks like you have to buy the armor separately.

#10 ·
Some fantastic leather jackets gents. I'm envious. I keep trying them on but haven't purchased because I know they will be to hot here. Currently I just have 2 armoured lightweight mesh/airflow jackets. 1 X Dainese and 1 X Tiachi. The Tiachi was far cheaper than the Dainese but is much more comfortable and my fav of the two.

#11 ·
Some time ago I bought a Roland Sands "Clash " leather jacket In oxblood I love the style and the color at least when It was new , after riding a couple of months in the sun the **** thing turned pink , If I'm paying well over $600 for a jacket I expect It to look good for a long time . I wrote on a number of occasions to Roland Sands after sales about the problem but never did get any reply . suffice It to say I wont be buying anymore RS gear they can kiss my British a$$ .

#12 ·
I think it is utterly disgusting when a company can not give you the respect of replying to a complaint or concern, this shows a compete lack or professionalism and makes them look like crooks.

I purchased something from a UK dealer a few years back. It took a long time to import it to the US and when it finally arrived it was not as described. Despite my many emails the dealer did not answer one single time. So I continued to write them for a few months and cc'd every other business I new they had dealing with in the hopes of at least embarrassing them.

Hey maybe your new 'pink' jacket would look great on a young lady.:laugh:

Cheerio,

Roy

#13 ·
I stopped buying Roland Sands when i ordered a pair of their gloves.
The zips broke, the Velcro fell apart and the color is now fading. All this happened very quickly and with little use.
I will say that they are pretty comfy, though.
But they were not cheap either and I will no longer be buying their products.

#14 ·
Triumph jacket left over from the Tiger days and rukka trousers for me, summer is full lined kevlar jeans and a fully lined and armoured kevlar hoodie, other than that I'll ave the pennies from fashion for petrol :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.