Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post to help anyone who is thinking about changing over there bars. After many hours of research I ordered a pair of Biltwell Keystone Handlebars. I was trying to gain about 2 inches in height and and inch or 2 in sweep, but did not want full ape hangers.The Bobber is great in it's stock set up, but I've road a Thruxton for years, and wanted just a bit more of a cruiser position. There was plenty of cable length, except for the brake line. Also there is a barb attached to inside of the back of housing on the throttle side controls. I mention this because the stock bars have a hole pre drilled that the barb slips into. Point being if you change your own bars plan on drilling a small hole on the right side of your new handle bars, and you'll probably need to extend your brake line. Drilling the hole was no problem, but I did not want to swap out the brake line, so I rolled my new bars forward. Despite looking very cool, I ended up in even more of a drag racer position then the stock bars. Moral of the story is I put the stock bars back on with a 2 inch riser instead. It was super easy to do. They look and work great. I now have my seat almost all the way back, and down. This gives me a cruiser potion, and make the foot pegs fell a bit more forward as well. I'm 6 foot tall.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you have any issues other then brake line with installing the keystones? I've already ordered mine a week ago just patiently waiting for them to arrive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have any issues other then brake line with installing the keystones? I've already ordered mine a week ago just patiently waiting for them to arrive.

Sorry for the delayed response. As you probably already found out, like I mentioned in the post, you have to drill a hole on throttle side. The brake line with the big issue because I had to have the bars too far forward. They look great, I hope it worked out better for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep just a little modification to the line under the tank and works fine for me. I ordered new mirrors and brake/clutch levers after I put the bars on didn't like the look of the originals and the mirrors don't work because the bars aren't threaded in the ends.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep just a little modification to the line under the tank and works fine for me. I ordered new mirrors and brake/clutch levers after I put the bars on didn't like the look of the originals and the mirrors don't work because the bars aren't threaded in the ends.
What do you mean by 'a little modification' and how much extra slack did you get out of it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts