Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I’ve been seriously looking at these this past week. Some questions: How long did they take to fit and did you run into any issues? Which ones did you get as there are 3 different options on Biltwell’s site? You’ve got no mirrors installed I see and one of the things putting me off is that the stock end caps won’t fit (apparently) so I’m not sure what the solution is. Any ideas? They also don’t look as wide as stock. What’s the difference if anything?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been seriously looking at these this past week. Some questions: How long did they take to fit and did you run into any issues? Which ones did you get as there are 3 different options on Biltwell’s site? You’ve got no mirrors installed I see and one of the things putting me off is that the stock end caps won’t fit (apparently) so I’m not sure what the solution is. Any ideas? They also don’t look as wide as stock. What’s the difference if anything?
Hey man good questions:
Install was about an hour and a half but really taking my time and had an extra set of hands. The throttle side has a small pin below the brake cylinder which “locks” into a hole drilled on the stock bars. I was going to drill the new bar but after burning out a bit or two without any real progress I decide to (apprehensively) shave the pin down using a frenetic and grinding but. But it turned out great and still has plenty of grip on the bar.
The bar is the black smooth option.
I installed the BAAK under bar mirror which looked really awesome but had some clearance issues, I may attempt to modify the mirror as I like that look over bar ends. If that fails I’ll have to do bar ends in which case I’ll have to use and aftermarket bar end (the stock bar ends won’t work)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are noticeably narrower than the stock bars, but that’s the look and feel I was looking for. The stance is slightly more tucked but still comfortable yet the gains in maneuverability were incredible. The bike is much easier to handle at low speeds and feels even lighter in the turns, flicking the bike into a lean at speed is a breeze, it really changed the feel of the bike.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey man good questions:
Install was about an hour and a half but really taking my time and had an extra set of hands. The throttle side has a small pin below the brake cylinder which “locks” into a hole drilled on the stock bars. I was going to drill the new bar but after burning out a bit or two without any real progress I decide to (apprehensively) shave the pin down using a frenetic and grinding but. But it turned out great and still has plenty of grip on the bar.
The bar is the black smooth option.
I installed the BAAK under bar mirror which looked really awesome but had some clearance issues, I may attempt to modify the mirror as I like that look over bar ends. If that fails I’ll have to do bar ends in which case I’ll have to use and aftermarket bar end (the stock bar ends won’t work)
Cool, thanks! The bar ends is the only thing that's been putting me off, although I haven't spent a ton looking at solutions. What grips did you put on? Looks cool though and I think they will work well the forward controls.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks! The bar ends is the only thing that's been putting me off, although I haven't spent a ton looking at solutions. What grips did you put on? Looks cool though and I think they will work well the forward controls.
No problem, Those are the Biltwell Kungofoos, kind of like old bicycle grips lol. Definitely gonna spend some time trying to figure out a solution for the mirror.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi
bars look good - maybe a halfay house instead of my current clip ons
Does the smooth version have the two holes on the underside either side of the clamp - or are these the holes referred to in the slotted version
thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
bars look good - maybe a halfay house instead of my current clip ons
Does the smooth version have the two holes on the underside either side of the clamp - or are these the holes referred to in the slotted version
thanks
Hey Stu,
Biltwell refers to those holes as dimples (which are for harley controls) so no the smooth version does not have those. You will need to either drill the bars or shave the pin on the triumph throttle control in order to properly fit these bars.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just trying to check which bars I need to allow wiring for bar end indicators to exit the bars without having to drill them

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi
I was asking if the smooth version has the two oval cut outs shown on the diagram on the biltwell website. Either side of the main clamp on the triple tree, for wiring to exit. Not the openings at the grips. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi
I was asking if the smooth version has the two oval cut outs shown on the diagram on the biltwell website. Either side of the main clamp on the triple tree, for wiring to exit. Not the openings at the grips. Thanks
Those ovals on the diagram from biltwell aren’t holes they’re dimples (Like an indentation) for Harley controls,if you want to run any type of wire through the bar you’re gonna have to drill them

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Any local machine shop should be able to drill them for a few quid I bet.
in the UK we dont have "local machine shops" as you do in the states, getting anything done like that over here is expensive and takes forever

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
in the UK we dont have "local machine shops" as you do in the states, getting anything done like that over here is expensive and takes forever
Wow culture shock, two passes on the drill press and it would be done, probably would take all of 15 seconds

1 - 15 of 15 Posts