Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Fraser and just bought a 2020 Bobber two weeks ago. I had the apes and short fender put on it and loving the look of it. Have only done 250 miles on it so far, but am impressed with the handling and power from it. I suspect I will change the pipes on it as its a little too quiet form me and would like to pick up a few more ponies if possible. I look forward to learning from other owners and networking with others on this site. Sorry but not the greatest picture of the bike as it was taken at the dealer.

Bobber.jpg
he

·
Registered
520 Posts
Welcome Fraser.

Regarding your desire for a bit more noise and giddy-up, here's an old thread about three simple mods that provide good bang-per-buck:

The guy who started the thread is kind of an @sshole but he knows his sh!t.

-Floyd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Fraser.

Regarding your desire for a bit more noise and giddy-up, here's an old thread about three simple mods that provide good bang-per-buck:

The guy who started the thread is kind of an @sshole but he knows his sh!t.

-Floyd
Thanks for the welcome Flloyd and that that was a good read. The author doesn't seem that bad :)

very interesting about that 12 minute idle as well. I wish some of my other bikes had that feature. Very nice of Triumph to do that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Fraser , welcome to the forum good bunch here and alot of feedback and information. I'm in Texas as well, Tomball, and you don't see many Bobbers around. Think I've only seen one other besides at a dealership stop in. Once you get your 500 mile oil change find a nice straightaway without lights, perhaps a freeway and get the rpms up above 3250 ( think it maybe higher, Guys?) and set the cruise for 15 min . This sets up the ecu to learn again... First few weeks my bike was very lurchy/jumpy in low gear, these two little ecu training sessions seemed to help it out alot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Fraser , welcome to the forum good bunch here and alot of feedback and information. I'm in Texas as well, Tomball, and you don't see many Bobbers around. Think I've only seen one other besides at a dealership stop in. Once you get your 500 mile oil change find a nice straightaway without lights, perhaps a freeway and get the rpms up above 3250 ( think it maybe higher, Guys?) and set the cruise for 15 min . This sets up the ecu to learn again... First few weeks my bike was very lurchy/jumpy in low gear, these two little ecu training sessions seemed to help it out alot.
Thanks Burger Bobber. We are virtually neighbors as I live in The Woodlands. It may be your bike that I fist saw at a Starbucks by Lake Conroe that made me want this bike.
I am observing the bike to be lurchy in low gears. Thanks for that piece of advice. should be at the 500 in a couple more weeks, weather permitting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts