Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined, gathering info. Looking to make the jump from the Harley world into a Bobber. Thought I wanted the Bobber Black but I keep getting drawn back to the original Bobber.

From the southeast coastal North Carolina area.

Registered
Just joined, gathering info. Looking to make the jump from the Harley world into a Bobber. Thought I wanted the Bobber Black but I keep getting drawn back to the original Bobber.

From the southeast coastal North Carolina area.

Welcome. Personally I went with the original because I like the lighter look (like an original bobber) but the choice is yours and both are nice, I had a Harley Fat Boy and it felt like a tank compared to my FXR.

Registered
Welcome. I did it as well although owning an HD Low Rider was some time ago. Love the original
Bobber and ordered on the spot when it was introduced. You won鈥檛 be disappointed.

Premium Member
Welcome to the site. Decisions, decisions....many of us have been in the same position you are with regard to making this decision. Some argue that the Bobber Black is a better deal because of the included cruise control etc, while others follow their heart and choose the one that instills that feeling of joy evoked by the old school look of the original Bobber. You really can't go wrong either way. Good luck with your decision!

Registered
Welcome to the forum. I'm from central North Carolina near Charlotte.

I rode the two Bobbers side-by-side and went with the Bobber Black. I wanted dual disks on the front.

I went for a ride yesterday and must have gotten waves from a dozen Harley riders. I used to ride BMWs so I am not used to that. :|

Registered
The 19鈥 front tire, but I like the fat front tire on the bobber black also. I think in the end it will be whatever I get the best deal on.
Ride both before you buy. The dual disk Brembo brakes on the Black are worlds ahead of the brakes on the standard Bobber and the fork tubes are way beefier too. Plus the black engine cases are much less susceptible to corrosion than the "naked" ones on the standard.

-GPz

Registered
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ride both before you buy. The dual disk Brembo brakes on the Black are worlds ahead of the brakes on the standard Bobber and the fork tubes are way beefier too. Plus the black engine cases are much less susceptible to corrosion than the "naked" ones on the standard.

-GPz
All valid points. I had the chance to ride both models today.
Living on the coast the naked cases would become a nightmare.
Settled on the Black, it just felt better to me, (subjective, butt Dino) pick it up this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts