Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a new seat made. The guys at Bitchin' Stitchin' were amazing. It took 6 weeks to get an appointment, and I see why. They're old school and do each fit and build one at a time. They spend a lot of time with each person. I had a bunch of ideas about what should be done, but honestly, after they'd answered my questions and conferred with me about what I wanted, I found it was best to just trust them. They've been making them for 30 years.

They spent a whole day on my seat. The first 3-4 hours were spent fitting and 'sculpting' to my exact shape and dimensions. Different densities of foam are used, and they glue, cut and shave to a person's exact shape and desires. It's like they're sculpting a piece of artwork. Lots of fit/adjust/refit/shape/try again/re-fit, etc. Then I went and saw a couple of movies (Ad Astra was quite good) and came back toward the end of the day, while they were finishing up the cover.
The seat is unbelievable. I had no idea that the stock one could be improved so dramatically.

Originally, I just wanted a leather cover to replace the vinyl, but I'm so glad I opted for the full custom job. They'll make the seat out of anything that can be stitched. They can do wild hand lacing, colors, inlays - whatever. They took a lot of time helping me think about what I wanted, as far as stitching, hand lacing, additions, etc. While all the options were cool, In the end, I went with some super nice quality leather in basic black. It suits the BB.

The result way beyond what I hoped for. I've had it about a week now and still, every time I climb on, I'm practically stunned at how good the fit is. I cannot overstate how much different and better the seat fits me now. I have about 18 hours of riding coming up next weekend, and can't wait!

I'd most highly recommend these guys if you can get here and go see them. A great shop to explore with lots of antique and collectible motorcycle stuff, and they're really nice people on top of it. It's not a $100 seat, the pricing is premium, so be ready. But I promise it's worth every penny and more.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Beautiful seat!! My favorite part about it is the wait it comes up at the front. As much as I love my Corbin, I dislike how flat the front part of the seat is, so when braking I feel myself sliding forward on it, which isn't a confident feeling. Now that my Corbin needs to be replaced, I may look into having a local upholstery shop try to recreate what you've had done here. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful seat!! My favorite part about it is the wait it comes up at the front. As much as I love my Corbin, I dislike how flat the front part of the seat is, so when braking I feel myself sliding forward on it, which isn't a confident feeling. Now that my Corbin needs to be replaced, I may look into having a local upholstery shop try to recreate what you've had done here. Thanks for sharing!
Yeah, I love the front rise too. They also made room for my "sit bones" underneath, and built-up the back to give more support there as well. It feels wide and flat with no pressure points anymore. It's like sitting 'in' rather than 'on.' I didn't realize how uncomfortable the stock seat was. I'm very much more in touch with the motorcycle now. Definitely worth it if you're considering.

Reactions: ysoslo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts