Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

Checking in from Southern BC Canada, about an hour north of the ID border. I just got a new 2018 Bobber in Morano Red. Have a Corbin Saddle on order, and will be putting some extra bits on as time goes by. Been riding some 50 years, I have three other bikes, two 1976 Honda GoldWings and a 2018 Vespa 300 Scoot (that is my winter home ride in the Caribbean). Calgary is my main home base, but I also have a summer home on Kootenay Lake in BC. I hope to become an active member. I love the Bobber, but it could use better brakes, my 76 Honda’s are better, even my Scoot has Brembos on the front. But I do really like the Bobber, it will stay in the heard for some time I think.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on your new Bobber.

I’m a big GW fan (sold my ‘08 last year after MANY happy miles).
The new 1800 just arrived in Mallorca 2 days ago, so I’ll go to see it next week at the dealership. I hear the tech/spec is amazing.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice collection of motorcycles you have. Now you just have to drop in some Brembos on the Bobber and you’ll probably be around here for a long time :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on an outstanding choice of bikes. Many moons ago, 2 years on a naked 1100 wing, steered me away from plastic crotch rockets towards torque and never regretted it ;)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yes Sir, it is. Here is a photo. It is off the road right now having its heads rebuilt. The photo is old, it now has the proper rear handel, not the carrier shown in the pic.
Love that bike, I'm looking for one in excellent shape to compliment my CBX and 1100F.:grin2:

Chico

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the welcome folks. Yes the 76 GW LTD is a very nice bike to ride. The little Scoot is also a blast in the Caribbean, it has a big trunk and lots of storage under the seat and a front carrier. It is my grocery/booze getter. I will indeed investigate putting Brembos up front on the Bobber, as it will be my main ride for the next while. I will look around the forum a bit and see what others have done.

Here is a pic of the 2018 Vespa 300 Touring it lives on Bonaire. The pic was taken at the local dealer, who also sells pedal bicycles. It before the Brembo caliper was fitted. It also has a full LED lighting uprades. It gets dark on Bonaire by 730PM so I do a good deal of night riding to get home from restaurants etc, plus not many street lamps and lots of wondering Goats and Donkies on the roads.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts