Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like it, I've started down the Brass Route, with Indicator Bezels...

Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've got the Motone brass fuel cap and like brass accents with the Ironstone tank ..... so, I've ordered the ignition surround! Thanks for sharing your Ebay find! I'd like to see a brass headlamp bezel and gear shift peg too.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have done quite a bit of bronze cerakote on my bike. I will be at stopping point in a week or so and will take some pics. I think it is Turing out pretty good.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have done quite a bit of bronze cerakote on my bike. I will be at stopping point in a week or so and will take some pics. I think it is Turing out pretty good.
Hi - apart from pictures it would be great if you could detail how you went about with applying and fixing this product - did you need to sandblast?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the brass stuff, chainguard, ign surround & rad grill, looks great
This might be a daft question but how did you undo the rubber mounted bolts holding the ignition to fit the brass surround?

I was expecting captive nuts but as the bolts just appear to go round and round I guess not? :frown2:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Brass ignition suround

Received this item from Ebay seller - tried to fit it but need to prevent inner end of bolts from rotating as I try to remove these bolts to fit on brass cover. Seller suggests use T3 torx tool - too fiddly for me, and I have no tools of this kind, but local Triumph garage say they'll fit it for me. I'm going to paint outer edge of cover black. Photos in due course!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the various links. I'm also highlighting with brass; though mostly via repainting/powdercoating, so more the colour than actual brass. But am always keeping my eye open for "real" complimentary pieces, so it was excellent to stumble across this thread. I was actually standing back looking at the chain guard today thinking it might add a nice splash, so it was good to then find the above link. I'll have to think about that some. Promise to add some pics as my pieces make it onto the bike :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts