Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

Just got my bobber this last weekend and let me tell you that I love it. I purchased a 2017 T120 a few months back before I knew the bobbers were coming out and although I liked the T120's power train I really never felt comfortable with the riding position, to high on the bike and was actually almost on my toes when at a stop (w/BC slammer seat), didn't ever really feel in full control. The bobber on the other hand is low slung, plenty of power, great lean angles, better wind buffering and just looks mean. So what did I do? I traded in for the bobber when I came in to service my T120. Let me tell you that they look better in person than in any picture. I guess it's just my riding style since I have always had low slung custom bikes.

Just my opinion, as they always say "different strokes for different folks".:grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hello to all,

Just got my bobber this last weekend and let me tell you that I love it. I purchased a 2017 T120 a few months back before I knew the bobbers were coming out and although I liked the T120's power train I really never felt comfortable with the riding position, to high on the bike and was actually almost on my toes when at a stop (w/BC slammer seat), didn't ever really feel in full control. The bobber on the other hand is low slung, plenty of power, great lean angles, better wind buffering and just looks mean. So what did I do? I traded in for the bobber when I came in to service my T120. Let me tell you that they look better in person than in any picture. I guess it's just my riding style since I have always had low slung custom bikes.

Just my opinion, as they always say "different strokes for different folks".:grin2:

Welcome to the Bobber Club!
Do post a pic of your bike and may you have many, many enjoyable miles :smile2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Custom you say? Any plans for your new Bobber?

The T120 is more of a scrambler style bike and it favors the tall. The Bobber on the other hand can seat everyone even if you have the seat setting at its highest.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts

The T120 is more of a scrambler style bike and it favors the tall. The Bobber on the other hand can seat everyone even if you have the seat setting at its highest.
Very True ! I thought the bobber would have been way too small for me. But at 6 ' 1 I'm very comfy on it. Dare I say, stylish even >:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forums :) I would actually like to see pics of your older custom bikes!
Some of my previous toys. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Promised the wife I would take it easy but I'll probably do cat delete, short rear fender and side license plate holder. If the cat delete doesn't improve sound a bit then I would do the pipes.>:)

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Promised the wife I would take it easy but I'll probably do cat delete, short rear fender and side license plate holder. If the cat delete doesn't improve sound a bit then I would do the pipes.>:)
I can tell you now that the H&V slip on exhausts do very little to imrove the sound.
They look great, but offer very little in terms of increasing dB´s.
The sound is a touch deeper and maybe a bit louder higher up in the RPM range, but by then you can´t hear anthing anyway cause of all the wind noise :eek:
Granted, the ones i bought ARE homologated for use in Spain and will pass the yearly test. Maybe in the US, you can buy the straight-thru systems with removable baffles...?
I will probably de cat and buy a whole new system once a nice one is put on the market...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts