Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new purchase! My Bobber was my first big bike too, and SO much fun. I'm envious of your year-round riding ability (Minnesota guy here). Any mods planned yet?

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new purchase! My Bobber was my first big bike too, and SO much fun. I'm envious of your year-round riding ability (Minnesota guy here). Any mods planned yet?
Interesting comment about "big bike"... When I started in the 70's a Commando was gigantic... Nowadays they look tiny! "Big bikes" were things like 350's upwards... How times change :laugh:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Interesting comment about "big bike"... When I started in the 70's a Commando was gigantic... Nowadays they look tiny! "Big bikes" were things like 350's upwards... How times change :laugh:
Isn't that the truth. You started me thinking. When I started riding 40 years ago engine size determined what was a "big bike". Today, even though our bikes have 1200cc engines, I don't see our Bobbers as a "big bike". I guess now I see the frame and how high I don't have to climb to get on board. Engine size is unimportant to me.

Looking back, I never went over 1200cc's. :| I had a chance with a BMW 1600 but I never took the leap.

Finally, a BIG bike to me was a BMW R1200 Adventure. I never could get comfortable on that bike . . . but I looked at an Indian® Roadmaster® Elite the other day. That thing is bigger than my car. :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
Isn't that the truth. You started me thinking. When I started riding 40 years ago engine size determined what was a "big bike". Today, even though our bikes have 1200cc engines, I don't see our Bobbers as a "big bike". I guess now I see the frame and how high I don't have to climb to get on board. Engine size is unimportant to me.

Looking back, I never went over 1200cc's. :| I had a chance with a BMW 1600 but I never took the leap.

Finally, a BIG bike to me was a BMW R1200 Adventure. I never could get comfortable on that bike . . . but I looked at an Indian® Roadmaster® Elite the other day. That thing is bigger than my car. :surprise:
What about a Gold Wing! You look these days at the last Meriden Bonnies, and they are tiny. I joked about having a Honda CD 175, which I rode about 100 miles home from Oxford when I bought it in 2000... I had to stop every 30 miles to extract thee seat from my a**!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts