Triump Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
So 19” front tire with dual radial Brembo calipers and upside down forks with clip-ons? That’s a great classic looking setup.

I know it’s not going on the bike but that sensor rack setup is cool.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree with Bob and Whitetrash.

Be interesting to see the end product though.

·
Super Moderator
3,351 Posts
The poor test rider looks like he’d be more comfortable riding a broomstick!

I’m glad Triumph have listened to the end user and uprated all the parts necessary to make the bike a whole lot more enjoyable.
Like many on here, I would have no incentive to change. But it’s still nice to see and I’ll gladly pay a visit to the dealership to take a look (especially at the frontend/brake setup) once it arrives.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Big brakes are always cool to me. I miss the stoppers on my Thruxton R. Even the BB with its extra disc leaves me wanting for more power. I can get ABS to kick in, but not without a pretty heavy hand.

The USD forks are also cool, but the forks on the BB are not bad either. I wonder if they have changed the rake at all? The rear shock was definitely a needed upgrade. It would be interesting if they go with an Ohlins shock since the stock add on is a Fox unit.

I wonder if this guy is just really tall? He also looks more forward in the seat than I would expect. The Bobber is not a tiny motorcycle, but he really looks like he's on a pocket bike with the clip ons. I am seriously considering clip ons for my own bike, but I'm no mountain @ 5'10" so perhaps they'd fit me better.

·
Registered
577 Posts
But we all know triumph, base model will be without all the spangly new bits which will be 'Optional Extras' to pad out your blank canvas.

But even if it comes fully loaded that's going to be a 14 to 15k base bike, would you......................?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I honestly think this is nothing more than a personal shed build and some random guy snapped whilst out for a Sunday ride. I mean, just look at it... I can’t believe Triumph would put there name to that thing at all... it’s a mess!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
Apparently someone decided to merge the Vocational Motorcycle Technician program with the School for the Mentally Retarded. If that's a Triumph factory product, they need to do some serious corporate drug testing straightaway.

-GPz/Gary

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is either a piss-take or a mistake. What a shocker. Makes me love my original Bobber even more. It like someone thinking they could improve the Mona Lisa by giving her a haircut, piercings and neck tatt.
Anyone ever seen the Bobber’s headers blue up like that? I’d be pissed if mine did that!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nah, I think the front end is too much of a style compromise. Flip side, if Triumph came up with a 300mm double sided TLS front brake it'd turn my head.

Like the slip-ons though!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm glad they haven't changed the styling I for one love the old school post war look - its timeless! The front brakes is the best upgrade but the cost to change I'd rather pay for the brembo twin disc upgrade.
Needless to say about the pegs I really could do with a new set as I am almost worn through to the top rubber LOL!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Even with higher foot pegs, Triumph would have to re-route the exhaust pipes to get increased ground clearance. I've heard of a few cases where the pipes have touched down during hard cornering.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts