Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
My parents live in Abergele so I’m up there quite a lot got my bobber from woods bought my last few bikes from them and always looked after me some nice roads to ride up that way normally head over to ponderosa or Bala if your ever out that way give me a shout maybe meet up for a brew
Sounds good - my usual day off is Friday. I went to Woods, nice people. But for the price of their ex-demo Bobber I was able to buy one of Bill Smith's 'burnouts' and they added a bit more off as well due to no part-ex. But I'd certainly look at Woods again sometime.

I think you might be right. I do like flyscreens, just tiny ones to protect the instrument cluster (I hate seeing crud and bugs splattered in that area which is a pain to clean) - but I'll certainly ride mine without a screen to see how that goes. The Dart screen doesn't look too bad to be fair, but the minimalist look is easy to ruin.

It is also a bit annoying that the same screen that costs £114 for the Bobber costs less than half that with universal fittings - but that fitting won't attach to the Bobber so you're paying a good £60 for two bits of plastic!
The front of the instrument cluster is where you get the bugs, but the surface is fairly easy to clean. It might be prudent to take a wait-and-see approach.

Reactions: Taurus
Discussion starter · #25 ·
Preparing to pick the bike up tomorrow and thinking about how to carry a lock - so I've ordered a swing arm bag. I looked at several listed on here but in the end thought I'd stick with the Triumph offering - it's not the biggest but I only need somewhere to stash a disc alarm, my phone and wallet.

Swing arm bag

Preparing to pick the bike up tomorrow and thinking about how to carry a lock - so I've ordered a swing arm bag. I looked at several listed on here but in the end thought I'd stick with the Triumph offering - it's not the biggest but I only need somewhere to stash a disc alarm, my phone and wallet.
Hi I was thinking of getting a swing arm bag for mine will be interested on your views on it when you pick up your bike

Cheers andygbiking

The swingarm bag that Triumph sells (that I have on mine) is itty-bitty. You might want to take your alarm to see if it fits before investing in one.

Well, I know you're excited. Have a good day tomorrow. (BTW, locking the neck of the bike with the same key that's for your ignition is a dream. I always lock mine, now a habit, but I don't live in a high-crime area (notwithstanding that it could happen).

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Hi I was thinking of getting a swing arm bag for mine will be interested on your views on it when you pick up your bike

Cheers andygbiking
Will do - I think the bag won't arrive until sometime next week, but since it's our daughter's wedding tomorrow I doubt I'll have much time to fiddle with the bike over the weekend.

The swingarm bag that Triumph sells (that I have on mine) is itty-bitty. You might want to take your alarm to see if it fits before investing in one.

Well, I know you're excited. Have a good day tomorrow. (BTW, locking the neck of the bike with the same key that's for your ignition is a dream. I always lock mine, now a habit, but I don't live in a high-crime area (notwithstanding that it could happen).
Yes - that's what I gleaned from various reviews of the different bags available. I went down to our local dealers to check the disc alarm size, it will fit in the bag no problem. I spent quite a while choosing the right disc alarm. I wanted tough enough to deter would be villians without going down the route of carrying something the size of a tank around with me. The Oxford XA14 seems a good compromise between strength, alarm quality and size. However I've ordered the bag first so I'll fit it and then go back to the dealership to buy the alarm just in case.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I was due to collect it this morning but after weeks of blazing sunshine today decided it was time to make up for it all and it absolutely chucked it down. I rang to see if I could reschedule to first thing tomorrow morning (which was a bit of a tight timescale as it's our daughter's wedding!) and Bill Smiths very kindly offered to load it into their van and deliver it.

Thanks chaps! First class service.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Swing arm bag fitted - easier to do than I thought, I was figuring on a least one scratch on the frame somewhere. It isn't huge but I do think it looks good and it's easily big enough for the alarm, my earplug box and one or two little bits and pieces.

Reactions: ysoslo
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.