Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I’m Reid from Virginia, new owner of a 2018 Bobber, traded in a 2018 Sportster 48 for one heck of a new whip! I split my time between Chesapeake VA and the Shenandoah valley and looking forward to seeing what fun the Bobber leads to, on flat land and in the hills. Can’t wait to learn about this stupidfun motorbike!
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Seems funny you traded up in displacement for a Brit bike. Back in the day H-D made the big displacement bike and the Brits the run-abouts. How times change. I say that after trading my 2005 Rocket III for my Bobber. It suits my riding time now much more than the Rocket did (not doing Iron Butt rides any more). Enjoy your new scoot and stay in touch.

Reactions: Madmama

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the warmest of welcomes! I’m not typically a forum gal but do look forward to such fodder as suggestions, modifications, general chitchat and cool vibes …I will say this…although I’ve ridden an HD for a few years and have enjoyed it, I think I’ve just now realized the true joy of riding , by way of finding the right motorbike, fit and function alike. It’s funny, I’ve had my Harley moto fob on a Triumph key fob for years, it was just waiting for its mate 😁A quick funfact… my very first car was a cherry 1970 TR6 buff yellow ragtop, purchased brand new by my grandfather in 1970, the year of my birth, and gifted to me for my high school graduation. Learned the feel of a clutch in that car , wish I still had it! Always an Anglophile by nature , forever a Triumph fan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the warmest of welcomes! I’m not typically a forum gal but do look forward to such fodder as suggestions, modifications, general chitchat and cool vibes …I will say this…although I’ve ridden an HD for a few years and have enjoyed it, I think I’ve just now realized the true joy of riding , by way of finding the right motorbike, fit and function alike. It’s funny, I’ve had my Harley moto fob on a Triumph key fob for years, it was just waiting for its mate 😁A quick funfact… my very first car was a cherry 1970 TR6 buff yellow ragtop, purchased brand new by my grandfather in 1970, the year of my birth, and gifted to me for my high school graduation. Learned the feel of a clutch in that car , wish I still had it! Always an Anglophile by nature , forever a Triumph fan.
Post script…a quick shoutout to my partner, MadMaMa’sMechanic , who saw my potential motorbike and knew I had to have it, even before I knew…here’s to a long fun road ahead. Start your engine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts