Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just a quick word to say Hi and all that, just passed the cat"A" in the spring last year so relatively new to the bike world. As for the New Bobber 77. This will be the biggest bike to date, I got a great deal and Kevin is a true gent at Newcastle Triumph. So yep I went for the ex-demo but with 300 miles on her and a total of a grand + in upgrades I'm a very luck lad to say the least.
I'm in and near the "TOON" so drop me a message and say Hi.
P.S I don't drink and cant stand piss heads so move on by if you like the grog.
Its true what they say cars move people motorcycles move souls.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just chimed in as I'm in the process of returning to biking and picking up a carefully used Bobber. I think Scooter picked up the one I had my eye on at the newcastle dealers :surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Congrats to both of you....

I grew up in England and obtained my drivers license there at 17, which the test was WAAAY more difficult than the US is (thought it is getting tougher). I didn't ride while in England, so don't know the rules. Sounds like you guys have to start off with smaller bikes, and test up to larger ones? What cc's do you start with and graduate to?

In the US, took a class on a 250cc, passed the driving/written test and basically you can buy whatever size you want (not saying people should). I had already ridden larger bikes some (not...legally...) so was comfortable going to the 1200.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome 0:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gents a great feeling knowing people are out there taking time to say Hi, As to muensterDeath question , the bike used for learners going onto a cat"A" license was a Honda CBF 600 with ABS. nice bike to ride for a learner.
As for me I started 17 years ago on a 50cc twist and go scooter, did that for 2 years and then spring last year I did my CBT provisional again messed about on a 125cc RD Yamaha DX. after passing my full test aka mod1 playground/classroom and the final mod 2, out on the main road directed, a vocal direction via ear piece and un-directed find your way using road signs I got a Moto Guzzi V7 Classic750cc. Now a trade in and a trade up onto a 1200cc Triumph Bobber. .
I hope this clarifies the workings of the UK test. Thanks again Scooter007
http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/members/1297-muensterdeath.html

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Zingari, few good ones on Autotrader saving a few quid on new price and with v low mileage. I wanted new but picked up a 6m old one privately with only 600 miles and saved myself over £2k ?. Keep looking and good luck, I'm really happy with mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Zingari, few good ones on Autotrader saving a few quid on new price and with v low mileage. I wanted new but picked up a 6m old one privately with only 600 miles and saved myself over £2k . Keep looking and good luck, I'm really happy with mine.
Mark I missed out on a 1-owner cracker about 6 weeks ago with 600 miles. Seller had agreed to a lower offer than what I offered £8.5k but felt obliged to let it go to them. Ideally I want to pay £9k but dealers won't budge on their prices to get me a few hundred off down to my price.

Don't tell me you bought that one in Morello Red from Cheshire :frown2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Zingari,
Yes, that's the one I bought!!

It was showroom condition but the guy just did not like the style of bike. He did say to me that he had another higher offer after accepting mine but he would honour our deal. I see it was in your neck of the woods as well so must have been a bit frustrating for you, sorry! I had a 300 mile ride to get it home and have added another +200 on to it before putting off the road for winter.

Keep pushing the dealers, there are a few that have sat for a while on Autotrader, and it's obviously not a good time for them to sell, I'm sure they would rather sell now than keep stock until spring so you should get a good deal.

Good luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Newcastle Triumph had a bobber in at £ 9500 ??? that was this morning.
Hope you score a good one soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers thor99 , Its hard to imagine just getting my bobber and not able to ride it due to the amount of salt on the roads around here, not to mention its bloody freezing. You take care thore99 and cheers for the welcome.
regards Scooter007

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m not far away from the Toon (Consett). I test drove your bike ! Very nice it is too, I’m not in a position to buy until April but would have bought the Demo bike. It’s worth every penny.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HI Skykop nice to hear your local-ish, I hope you get sorted with a stead sooner rather than later as I have a feeling there going to start creeping up in price well IMO ,
once the new 2018 are out the 2017 will be wanted more or less as the 2018s because there the original concept ie the MK1s so to speak from Triumph. who knows? But yes I did well to get this ex demo however some may say I was fleeced with my part exed Motor Guzzi V7 but hay ho what you lose you gain else where. I am looking forward to the "Distinguished Gentleman's Ride" I think September / November ?, I was told 300+ riders turned up at Newcastle Triumph, sounds like a buzz and all in a good cause "Mens Health "
So Skykop keep me posted on your progress on the future ownership. and thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So here's a quick ask? Whats the best tank color from the bobber range ??
It's very much a personal choice. Originally I thought Morello Red but now I like the Red/Silver and Green/Silver colours. This widens up my buying scope.

I did want to side number plate but I'm now not sure as it looks sort of 'off balance' with single pannier? Although I'm thinking for local trips swingarm bag is all that's really needed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep its defiantly a tricky choice, I think the Morello Red harks back to the American Buick's of the 1930. well that's what I say ? as for the red/silver & green silver . a nod to the 50s-60s. . I still cant make my mind up.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yep its defiantly a tricky choice, I think the Morello Red harks back to the American Buick's of the 1930. well that's what I say ? as for the red/silver & green silver . a nod to the 50s-60s. . I still cant make my mind up.
I’d stick with your first choice, as it’s a well known fact that the Morello Red ones are faster! :wink2: and don’t forget many of the original Speed Twins were that colour too.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts