Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big red flag. Engine has been leaking oil. It has been at the dealer for three months and there is still no ETA for the parts. I dont know what to say except that I had bikes for over 20 years and have never experienced anything like it. Leaking oil from a new bike is certainly an issue but if you cant even fix it does not give me any warm feeling. just thought I would share my experience with the bobber black. It started to leak right off the sales floor but gave it a few months to confirm it was not excess oil from the kickstand. So brought it in and now I guess it just sits there until the backorder parts come in. Not sure if this is a major widespread issue or not. Would be interested to know if other riders have dealt with this.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Did the dealer provide a loaner bike? Did you contact Triumph corporate and as Psycho said make a lot of noise?

Chico

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Many of our bikes leaked a little oil from day one. My bike went back to the dealers three times and they couldn’t find the source of the leak... a member on here explained it was the gally plug and he turned out to be correct. Worth looking into.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Three months!? I’d say that is way more than unacceptable. Is the dealer saying they know the source of the problem? (I’m assuming they have as they’ve ordered and are waiting for, specific parts). Contact Triumph ASAP and find out whether what the dealer is saying is valid.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure where you are but I had major issues with mine in the dealer for a total of 7 weeks in 6months. Ended up rejecting the bike and getting a replacement at a small cost. Sounds unacceptable to me. These are seriously expensive machines and should not be faulty full stop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No loaner I asked for one and what they would do to make this right and got a blank stare. The depreciation and insurance cost to have it sit there is becoming significant. Starting to make some noise now. Any suggestion on who to call exactly at Triumph?

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Once you find out one way or the other whether this dealership is indeed being honest about backordered parts, please write up a review on the dealership, so others that may be lurking on the site as they decide whether to buy a Bobber or Speedmaster in the future will know whether they should avoid this particular dealership or not.

Here's a link to the "Triumph Dealership Reviews": https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/193-triumph-bonneville-bobber-dealers-pricing-orders/13065-triumph-dealership-reviews.html

·
Registered
786 Posts
@Stockcar Start by calling Triumph customer support for the country your in, or the closest one to you (Google is your friend on this one). I've had dealings with them on 2 different occasions in Canada (US based call center) and they were great. Once was to do with an oil leak as well. One call and things were happening. Wasn't the same situation as your's, but still.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
In my state that would be designated a "lemon" and returned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once you find out one way or the other whether this dealership is indeed being honest about backordered parts, please write up a review on the dealership, so others that may be lurking on the site as they decide whether to buy a Bobber or Speedmaster in the future will know whether they should avoid this particular dealership or not.

Here's a link to the "Triumph Dealership Reviews": https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/193-triumph-bonneville-bobber-dealers-pricing-orders/13065-triumph-dealership-reviews.html
According to the dealer its Triumph that is holding things up. They said that they flagged the request as "rider down". Obviously it has not done anything .

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
It's to do with parts delivery... In the good old days it was referred to as VOR parts - Vehicle Off Road. When we ordered bits for a vehicle that was "off road" - i.e. it wasn't drivable. As a Dealer we got 17.5% discount on VOR Parts, as opposed to 30% Stock Order parts - but the delivery was within 24 hours if in UK stock...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So thanks for the tip on calling Triumph directly. I am not beleiving what I am hearing. They confirmed delivery of parts early April. This is not going to go well for them upon my next visit. Any ideas on how to make this right? I had to pay for insurance while it sat at the dealer since Feb March.

·
Registered
180 Posts
So thanks for the tip on calling Triumph directly. I am not beleiving what I am hearing. They confirmed delivery of parts early April. This is not going to go well for them upon my next visit. Any ideas on how to make this right? I had to pay for insurance while it sat at the dealer since Feb March.
Where in Canada are you Stock?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Boy,, I think I'd be having a seriously loud conversation with them. Put the manager on the spot, call his bluff and go from there, if they won't cop to it, call customer support back while he's standing there. Not sure how it would play out, but I'd say somebody screwed up bad and it's their responsibility to make it right, I'd be after some sort of compensation.

But that's just me, I'm kind of an ***hole like that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From Atlantic Canada. Moncton

Where in Canada are you Stock?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts