Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love your bike since it looks just like mind. I still have stock exhaust and I see you have changed yours and they look very good. Would like to know what brand and is there any alignment problems?
Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bag is for bicycles, but its waterproof, cordura denim. It's an arkel orka25 . It clips right on to the factory triumph pannier rack. I am going to add some velcro straps to the back of it just for some insurance to make sure it cant pop off.
The Arkel website has a video clip of how the mounting system works.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bag is for bicycles, but its waterproof, cordura denim. It's an arkel orka25 . It clips right on to the factory triumph pannier rack. I am going to add some velcro straps to the back of it just for some insurance to make sure it cant pop off.
The Arkel website has a video clip of how the mounting system works.
Ouch seems pricey for the full setup. $200 for the bag and about $200 for the pannier rack.

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nope. That's the price for 2 because they are sold in pairs. I emailed the company and they sold me a single bag for $95ish. Canadian funds. I think freeshipping too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nope. That's the price for 2 because they are sold in pairs. I emailed the company and they sold me a single bag for $95ish. Canadian funds. I think freeshipping too.
Can you post or send me some more pictures of how the bag is attached from dirfferent angles

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Ouch seems pricey for the full setup. $200 for the bag and about $200 for the pannier rack.

Thanks
If you think THIS is pricey, start shopping for Hepco & Becker bags... I've never heard of Arkel, but after taking a look I really like what I see. Waterproof and decent sized. I wouldn't want them for every day use, because they lack that old school look, but for trips I may just pull the trigger on these. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I hook the bungee part on the bobbin. The clips that hold it on sure feel secure. I had to cut off the protective nylon off of the clips to get them to fit better over the rack. I coated them with "flex tape" to protect my powercoat from scratching. Plastidip would probably work better. I will add a velcro strap I think for some insurance. It will be easy to wrap a velcro strap around the rack and the metal bar on the bag. These are for bikes not motorcycles.
I posted a pic of a bigger bag I have in another post somewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hook the bungee part on the bobbin. The clips that hold it on sure feel secure. I had to cut off the protective nylon off of the clips to get them to fit better over the rack. I coated them with "flex tape" to protect my powercoat from scratching. Plastidip would probably work better. I will add a velcro strap I think for some insurance. It will be easy to wrap a velcro strap around the rack and the metal bar on the bag. These are for bikes not motorcycles.
I posted a pic of a bigger bag I have in another post somewhere.
Thank you. I really like how the bag looks. Do you know the part number for the triumph pannier rack?
Also could you take a picture of the bag off?
Is it easy to put the bag on and off?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know the part number. I'm sure it's not hard to find. The bag is easy on and off. Check the arkel website, they have videos and pictures of their system. Here's a pic of the triumph rack. I had it powdercoated black because it only comes in chrome.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts