Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The French garage Baak has finally gotten it's new site up and running, along with it's line of dedicated Bobber parts:

https://www.baakmotocyclettes.com/en/8-triumph?model=bonneville-bobber,bonneville-bobber

Less here to tempt me than I expected. To me, their signature pieces in the past, for Triumph and Moto Guzzi especially, were their custom seats, exhaust pipes, and side bags, but there are none of these for the Bobber, at least not yet.

They do have a decent airbox removal kit, but a little late to the scene. And what looks like a good option for tail light/plate mount replacement, though I'd need to learn more about the "under seat" indicator option.

Anyway, nice to have some new stuff to ponder at least.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Surfed that site a couple months ago and liked the oil temperature gauge/cap. That air-box elimination kit looks great with the brown leather seat and is cheaper than the VIBA option that doesn't include the 60$ worth of filters. I like that it also covers the frame pivot point that the wire protection kit bolts onto. Doesn't look as clean or like a factory designed part like the VIBA but adds some extra character and protection for sure!

I've been looking around for someone to design an air-box mod that keeps the side panels and heard on here that Motone might be designing just that with vented metal side panel replacements that work without the box. It would be a great way to keep that factory look and prevent splash in if caught in the rain but would close that window effect so many people enjoy.

Whats the consensus boys , like the leather wire cover?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Tricky Menu Navigation

Some nice looking parts, including headlights with integrated speedos.

I don't see any way of searching for Bobber specific parts though.?

Cheerio,

Roy
Had the same problem finding the link , funny enough you CAN'T find it under the Motorcycles tab at the top. You have to click the parts link then the Triumph section then a model designation tab appears under the logo after that where you can select the bobber. They could probably clean that menu up a bit to make it simpler to navigate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I really like the look of the leather airbox elimination kit, although I wish they'd have included pics of the black version, which is the one I'd want. Seems like a simple leather job though, so I'm betting I can have the same thing made locally for a lot less money.

·
Registered
391 Posts
well that has saved me a job...was waiting to put bike away for winter and remove back wheel and make my own tail tidy (as main stream suppliers seem incapible ) my solution was exactly the same as the one on this link by putting little up stands under a side mount plate and using original mounting holes on the mudguard https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Side-Mount-Motorcycle-License-Plate-Number-Plate-Bracket-For-Harley-Chopper-4/254225027568?hash=item3b30fe11f0:g:1JMAAOSwR4tdWqxx
i have one of these knocking about in the garage was gonna fettle it and put a Motone lamp on it ...job sorted

·
Registered
712 Posts
Whaaat?!!! A good looking plug & play tail tidy for the Bobber retaining the factory rear fender?!

Don’t tease me. I never thought I’d buy anything from France that didn’t come in a bottle but if that’s real I’m going to seriously consider it. Did these folks immigrate from Germany or something?

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've been waiting for a plug and play tail too. This one looks ok. I still like the motone rendering of a tail tidy. I have doubts of it ever being put into production though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've been waiting for a plug and play tail too. This one looks ok. I still like the motone rendering of a tail tidy. I have doubts of it ever being put into production though.
Hey. Chill out. "It will be ready in time for riding season." :laugh:

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
356 Posts
o_O I was looking at these Mini LED turn indicator lights. For the life of me, I couldn't find them in the pictures. Finally, I saw them after a few minutes of staring.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Has anybody on this forum actually purchased and installed this BAAK Tail Tidy & Turn Indicators?

Classic motorcycle parts for custom Triumph I BAAK Motorcycles

If so, a brief product & quality review would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
GPz/Gary
I'm on the verge of buying the BAAK tail-tidy for my Bobber. I think it's the best I've seen, it's really neat, I like that it's plug 'n' play and totally reversible. I also like that I can use Triumph's own short stem (EU) indicators to give it that OEM look. The only thing I'm not sure about is the quality of the rear light but on the upside it appears to be the clean Millar style light that Motone also sell in which case I'll be able to add the STOP sign for that full on retro look!

The only thing that's stopping me from pulling the trigger straight away is the imminent arrival (LOL) of Motone's long promised tail-tidy. After waiting for it for so long I want to give it another few weeks just to see what it's like. But if it's not here by the end of Feb I'll be going BAAK and even if it is I may still be going BAAK, watch this space.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Based on an email exchange I had with them it sounds like we would have to drill holes in our license plate in the US for their might to work. Sounds a little dicey to me. I like Baak, but ended up passing on this in favor of the BC tail light and mount. I haven’t had a chance to install it yet but I like the way it looks.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Still working on this. Stitching leather is a bitch. Almost done.
This is exactly what I'm planning on doing this Spring. Baak has brown leather and I want black. I'm concerned about the metal snaps wrecking the paint though, so I'm hoping the leathersmith I hire can use velcro instead. Kudos to you for tackling this project on your own! It's looking really good.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm pretty sure BAAK has them in black too. Just no pics on their site. I saw somewhere that someone had one made by Hurley Custom Seats. It had a spider embossed on it.

When I'm done stitching I might try to emboss a union jack on mine.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see that Baak now has available their silencers for the Bobber. If These had been available before I got my BC sleeper pros, I might’ve got them instead. I’ve always liked their pipes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts