Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I am going to order a pro shade visor for it. I can’t go with a straight tented lease because I often ride at night.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Agree on the retro option. I got a Bell Bullet for that and like both for different reasons.
They actually have one they bill as retro, but it's pretty subtle. I also run the bullet for around town rides. It's almost hard going back to the arai with its narrower field of view.

·
Registered
277 Posts
They actually have one they bill as retro, but it's pretty subtle. I also run the bullet for around town rides. It's almost hard going back to the arai with its narrower field of view.

Couldn't agree more. I too run the bullet around town but miss the huge window out on the road. But the Arai is a superior ride out on the road.

Also run an old style skull cap but not much these days. My rebel/protest days have grown up. :wink2: I figure if we have to wear a lid here in California, might as well be one to save me head.

This is the Bullet I have:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-bullitt-helmet

And the Arai in gloss white:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/arai-quantum-x-helmet-solid

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think I am going to like it. First Arai and I can tell the quality is high.

MX429,

I picked up that exact same Arai from a Craigslist seller last Saturday. He wore it for 800 miles, decided to sell everything and move to Hawaii, so let me have it for a song. He even shaved off an extra 30% and threw in a pair of new riding gloves "because politeness is a rarity on Craigslist." I had to turn away other freebies like a never worn adventure riding jacket (not my size anyway) and Shoei helmet because I was on the Bobber and couldn't fit anything else in my backpack!

I'm looking at the Pro Shade as well. You might want to consider the long version for increased coverage as it can be an issue for some. I just need to decide between smoke or mirror. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/arai-pro-shade-system-replacement-long-visor

Enjoy your new helmet!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MX429,

I picked up that exact same Arai from a Craigslist seller last Saturday. He wore it for 800 miles, decided to sell everything and move to Hawaii, so let me have it for a song. He even shaved off an extra 30% and threw in a pair of new riding gloves "because politeness is a rarity on Craigslist." I had to turn away other freebies like a never worn adventure riding jacket (not my size anyway) and Shoei helmet because I was on the Bobber and couldn't fit anything else in my backpack!

I'm looking at the Pro Shade as well. You might want to consider the long version for increased coverage as it can be an issue for some. I just need to decide between smoke or mirror. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/arai-pro-shade-system-replacement-long-visor

Enjoy your new helmet!
Thanks. I thought about the long version too. I wondered if the longer version would create turbulence when in the up position. I think this paint job suites our bikes and the aerodynamics of this helmet was designed with naked bikes in mind.

I have had my eye on this helmet for a while, and a local shop was doing an everything must go close out. I pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks. I thought about the long version too. I wondered if the longer version would create turbulence when in the up position. I think this paint job suites our bikes and the aerodynamics of this helmet was designed with naked bikes in mind.

I have had my eye on this helmet for a while, and a local shop was doing an everything must go close out. I pulled the trigger.
I've been looking at the Defiant for the exact same reasons and jumped on it quickly, especially because Arais fit my head shape perfectly and I've wanted something a little more understated than my current lid. I also have something in mind for the Bobber that's going to play up those stripes very nicely without literally matching. Glad you found a good deal as well! There's a Shoei GT-Air with a very similar paint scheme but I already have an RF-1200 in bright ass yellow.

Good point on the wind. I haven't found any significant turbulence complaints for the long version, while coverage seems to be enough of an issue for the regular that I'm willing to make that trade off, if any. I'm probably going with smoked long lens but note that it's on the lighter side.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bought a Quantum ST "citizen" a couple of years ago as I liked the GBR flag paint job. Then picked up a QV Pro last year, but I am not struck on the shade visor. I also have Barry Sheene replica that I wont part with. I really like Arai lids.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts