Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mod in progress. Just got some 14” apes. Burly Brand. Obviously not a triumph Bobber part, so I’m drilling some holes to make work. Needed to drill bottom of bars so they mate with the little peg on the riser clamp that comes with the mini apes. I’ll need to drill a hole on the throttle side also. There’s a little peg in the controls that needs to fit into the bars. The one thing that I can’t fix is the length of the handles. They are about 1” shorter than the mini apes. I’ll need to buy some bar end mirrors. I’ll post some pick when done.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you going to use for cables and wires?
There’s a lot of slack in the mini ape cables. They are long enough for 14” apes. If I decide to add 2” risers I can feed the throttle side wires through the frame to the right side. That will add another few inches.

·
Registered
792 Posts
What are you going to use for cables and wires?
There’s a lot of slack in the mini ape cables. They are long enough for 14” apes. If I decide to add 2” risers I can feed the throttle side wires through the frame to the right side. That will add another few inches.
I didn't think there was a lot of slack but please keep us informed, will look and ride great!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ongoing progress. 14” apes and I added 2” riser spacers. There is plenty of slack in the wires on the clutch side. Throttle cable and wires also are long enough, but you wouldn’t be able to go any bigger with taller apes. Once I’m happy I will powder coat spacers. Now I need to make a longer break line and clutch cable. I found some bar end adapters on amazon so I can use the stock mirrors. Can’t wait until it’s done.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts