Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know some people find giving inanimate objects a name silly , but I’m not that guy. Not all of my rides have evoked enough emotion from me to name them , but I felt the Bobber did. It took me about a month of riding her and we both settled on :

Crow

It fits.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Hi BB,

A great name, I like that one :smile2:

I named my Charlotte. This is in part to honor my brother Charles who died on his bike a few years back. So 'both' of my brothers can ride with me I also carry my older brothers ignition key with me. Tony died on his scooter many years back. Being the last of three biking brothers I like to feel they are both with me on my rides.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
In all my years of riding, I have never referred to any of my bikes by any human name. Or he or she. It’s either ‘it’, ‘that’, ‘the DT’, ‘the GPz’, etc. Always made me feel a little queasy the idea of naming your bike. Just seemed a bit ‘wrong’.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well , Crow isn't really a human name , but it works for me. I've had over 40 bikes , most are it's , some haven't been. Don't know that I've even used a human name for any of them. But some have gotten name , and it didn't feel wrong or make me the least bit queasy. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
As I always say 'each to their own'.

We are all different and for me I love, embrace and support diversity, so all good whatever your views on this topic.

I think this is the first bike I have specifically named. I think probably because it was an emotional decision for me as after loosing two brother I really wasn't sure I would ever get another bike but I saw the Bobber and that was it.

Although speaking of 'emotions' my 'American' wife say's I don't have any..:frown2: Well that was until I got the Bobber and now she's seen a different side to me..:grin2:

Or perhaps this Englishman is just getting softer in his old age?

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well , Crow isn't really a human name , but it works for me. I've had over 40 bikes , most are it's , some haven't been. Don't know that I've even used a human name for any of them. But some have gotten name , and it didn't feel wrong or make me the least bit queasy. :wink2:
Well, maybe I was a bit over dramatic there, but I’m sitting here with a beer in my garage looking at my Bobber and thinking ‘Man, that is a good looking bike’, but I can’t think of a name for it. Mona Lisa perhaps?

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Not the bike, as that lives at home, but I always say hello and goodbye to the boat when boarding and leaving....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts