Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

I thought I would share my new Triumph Leather Jacket which just came in.

It's in a dark nutty brown which I like. Quality looks great, really heavy duty so a little stiff, so will take a while to wear in. If anyone knows of a leather product which is nice to soften things up a little, give us a shout.

Haven't rode with it yet as still snowed in as fare as the bike is concerned but just from a visual inspection and trying it on, I'm very pleased. Not cheep at $600 :)surprise:) and it took quite some time to track down one in my size (XL) but overall I'm pretty chuffed as it has that vintage/used look and is a nice bit of kit.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Gents,

I thought I would share my new Triumph Leather Jacket which just came in.

It's in a dark nutty brown which I like. Quality looks great, really heavy duty so a little stiff, so will take a while to wear in. If anyone knows of a leather product which is nice to soften things up a little, give us a shout.

Haven't rode with it yet as still snowed in as fare as the bike is concerned but just from a visual inspection and trying it on, I'm very pleased. Not cheep at $600 :)surprise:) and it took quite some time to track down one in my size (XL) but overall I'm pretty chuffed as it has that vintage/used look and is a nice bit of kit.

Cheerio,

Roy
OEMs always offer good gear. I've owned a few Triumph jackets and have been pleased with all of them. My last one was a Triumph Patrol jacket. I'm rocking a RSD jacket now and love it.

For conditioner... I tried several and finally found the perfect leather conditioner. I didn't even know they made one until I stumbled across it one day, and knowing the brand, tried it out. Sure enough, top quality stuff.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Motul make great quality products and this will work great on your jacket.
Though in my experience, the best way to soften it up is to wear it....even around the house while moving around and doing normal stuff. Sounds silly, but it’ll break in quickly.

Congrats on your jacket. It’s really nice.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Motul make great quality products and this will work great on your jacket.
Though in my experience, the best way to soften it up is to wear it....even around the house while moving around and doing normal stuff. Sounds silly, but it’ll break in quickly.

Congrats on your jacket. It’s really nice.
That’s how I break in my helmets! Wife and kids think I’m nuts! ??

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gents,

Ordered some of the Motul and plan to wear my jacket while I'm chopping wood, that'l sort it out.

Once it thaws a little and I can get out for a ride I will follow up with some thoughts.

As as young lad I remember tying my new jeans to the back of my bike and dragging them around the farm yard much to the dismay of my mom..:surprise: Low and behold not long after that they started selling distressed jeans.

Not planning to do this with the new leather but looking forward to the day it's all broke and fits like an old friend.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn’t you leave out “in April” between the fifth and sixth word? >:)

What can I say...I'm in denial..:|

The roads can get quite clear I just need the half mile gravel drive packed with snow to thaw out. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I live in hope for a few days of sun to sort it out and then reason or not I'm out..:grin2:

I could be eating my words by next April but I'm the eternal optimist....:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have 5 really nice Leather jackets including one my dad gave me and a Vanson. Now with the Bobber I want the exact Jacket you bought. I'm cheap, there's only 600 things stopping me!>:)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The Belstaff is stunning!
I can’t believe someone actually sold it. Those things are usually keepers even after the bikes are long gone !!!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
The Belstaff is stunning!
I can’t believe someone actually sold it. Those things are usually keepers even after the bikes are long gone !!!
I have a bit of an addiction when it comes to jackets...:smile2:

Barbour international waxed jacket

Another second hand purchase a Belstaff Panther in antique brown... not really suitable for the bike as it’s a bit lightweight

And my favourite Irvin flying jacket, I had this one made to measure 20 years ago, I suspect it could survive a nuclear blast:smile2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
OEMs always offer good gear. I've owned a few Triumph jackets and have been pleased with all of them. My last one was a Triumph Patrol jacket. I'm rocking a RSD jacket now and love it.

For conditioner... I tried several and finally found the perfect leather conditioner. I didn't even know they made one until I stumbled across it one day, and knowing the brand, tried it out. Sure enough, top quality stuff.
After reading this I tried the Motul Perfect Leather on a new jacket and some older leather trousers, and it has made the jacket much more supple and has conditioned the trousers a treat. Great stuff, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Roy
Although i am in UK I bought a leather jacket from Fox Creek Leathers in Independance VA. and they suppy a great product for the leather, pitch pine and mink oil (MPB Oil)

Give them a try or at least look them up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts