Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know I ride with a group of Indian riders quite often! My local Indian dealer has taken over our Toy run and The Soldiers home ride which are the 2 biggest events of the year. He has a ride out of the dealership every week and hosts a few rides of his own every year. He is a great guy and his customers and friends are also a great bunch of guys and gals. For some unknown reason they voted me a full Patch member of their group (the longest continueous bike group in the US ). All this and I ride Harleys and a Bobber ....... well at least till recently.

It was only a matter of time till I bought an Indian , a Vintage to be exact, 2 tone Green, like my Bobber . It is still winter here so I had the bike shipped to Daytona just in time for Bike Week!

I have gone from FUEL MANAGEMENT to PARKING MANAGEMENT. This bike weighs 850 LBS. The motor pulls like a freight train in all gears, super torquey! The brakes are great. High speed handling is very good and having a real bagger is great when you need it! It feels like piloting the Queen Mary compared to a Bobber! I still love my Bobber though, most smiles per gallon of the 33 bikes I have owned!>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bobby, Great looking Indian. I think that there's something about the old style looking bike design and the Bobber definitely relates (or at least it's not inconsistent). Perhaps it harkens back to old times. Perhaps they just had good lines back then. Whatever it is, it's all but devoid today, me thinks.

Here's my pair.

Born in '51 (and just glad that others are still riding who are older than I).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts