Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Thor, where do you reside? That is one ugly oversize plate. Not meant as a personal critique.:surprise:

Chico

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not to encourage anybody to tamper with the license plates but as European plates are ridiculous large due to all the dead space (I have worked with optical license plate readings for highway traffic tolling and know very well what is required, and seriously - a credit card size is enough even in heavy rain! at 120 km/h. But, that is another story..), so I decided to reduce my Norwegian plate. Not at all unknown to be done amongst riders here. Even suggested by the retailer.
If stopped by police you'd probably get fined. Yet again, with personal papers in order, the plate is genuine - despite being slimmed down - thus their online reading of identity is fine (every police car is connected these days), they let you go. To my knowledge none has encountered the doctoring to become a serious issue. But maybe I have been lucky - so far.
Here are the before and after. I clipped off approx 2,5 cm of the license plate and now it fits the holder perfectly. The plate was metal glued with reinforcement on the back. The adhesion is stronger than the metal. Did not want anybody to tamper with my tampering ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did it myself.

That’s a very very nice job you’ve done there thor99! I take it that you’ve tidied up the Triumph ‘short’ mudguard (fender), rather than chopping down the original? Looks great mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
:nerd:
Good Work, Thorr & nice ass on this bike :wink2:

annoying this regulation on the size of the plates :frown2:
in France the size has increased. (from 170x130 to 210x130 mm)

Réglementation plaque d?immatriculation deux-roues motorisés / Spécial deux-roues motorisés - Sécurité routière | Tous responsables

finally, that of the plate but not that of numbers and letters!:nerd:
will understand the logic.:crying:

I always have a small plate (another stupid thing at home: there is a mandatory size but you find everywhere stores that have stock and sell old plates to old dimensions. !!. yes, our plates are not issued by the authorities.we receive the papers and then we ask a shop to make the plates).

exemple:

https://www.plaque-immatriculation-auto.com/catalog/plaques-moto

I risk 135 € but I do not care. :p
the day when the cops will have nothing to do, they will be able to hunt down the big criminal I am 0:)but children will be able to listen music in bataclan without fear 0:)

voici un exemple de plaque latérale homologuée sur une machine française:

·
Registered
678 Posts
:
I always have a small plate (another stupid thing at home: there is a mandatory size but you find everywhere stores that have stock and sell old plates to old dimensions. !!. yes, our plates are not issued by the authorities.we receive the papers and then we ask a shop to make the plates).

exemple:

https://www.plaque-immatriculation-auto.com/catalog/plaques-moto

I risk 135 € but I do not care. :p
the day when the cops will have nothing to do, they will be able to hunt down the big criminal I am 0:)but children will be able to listen music in bataclan without fear 0:)

voici un exemple de plaque latérale homologuée sur une machine française:

Same here, I have a 1968 registration on Bonnie and a small plate. The bike is old style so I'm not sure 'Mr Plod' as we affectionally call them, will even notice. I had a guy pull up next to me at the lights and ask how long it took me to restore :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks awesome! So did you chop the shortened rear fender and weld brackets for the new lights? Do you have any closer pictures of where you ran the wiring? Looks real good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts