Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys, the lighting setup is the triumphs own short rear fender kit with medium length led rear multifunctional lights(USA) spec I believe. I will try and get some pics of the side mount plate and front led lights. I have also fitted the motone CNC gear change lever and motone CNC brake fluid reservoir cover. My next mod I think is the tec x pipe kit (cat removal) iv heard great things about it, anyone have any thoughts on it in terms of sound and slight performance Gain?
Cheers guys

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi guys, the lighting setup is the triumphs own short rear fender kit with medium length led rear multifunctional lights(USA) spec I believe. I will try and get some pics of the side mount plate and front led lights. I have also fitted the motone CNC gear change lever and motone CNC brake fluid reservoir cover. My next mod I think is the tec x pipe kit (cat removal) iv heard great things about it, anyone have any thoughts on it in terms of sound and slight performance Gain?
Cheers guys

I had the TEC X-Pipe in my T100 and fitted it to my Bobber when I part exchanged the Bonnie.

I loved it in the T100, and love it even more in my Bobber. I only got it for the sound, wasn't at all fussed about performance gains, but I was pleasantly surprised, I think more so in the T100 than the Bobber, probably due to difference in engine tune and bhp etc. Throttle response is sharper. I had stock peashooters on the T100 and it was subtle yet raspy, Bobber is similar with stock, but louder, with a more throaty roar. No difference at idle with or without the decat. Fuel consumption wise there's no change either.

I love the TEC X-Pipe with my stock slash cuts. Only downside is that I'd like the British Customs turn out pipes, but apparently due to back pressure, it's not reccomended to fit them with a decat. (This came from British Customs directly when I messaged them, so keep hold of your cat!).

Hope this helps.

Quick question for you. How do those rear lights run, do they act as a daytime running light as well as brake light and indicators? Looking to get the short rear fender.

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
675 Posts
I love the TEC X-Pipe with my stock slash cuts. Only downside is that I'd like the British Customs turn out pipes, but apparently due to back pressure, it's not reccomended to fit them with a decat. (This came from British Customs directly when I messaged them, so keep hold of your cat!).

Hope this helps.

Quick question for you. How do those rear lights run, do they act as a daytime running light as well as brake light and indicators? Looking to get the short rear fender.

Matt
They are the US spec ones that I was talking to you about.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They are the US spec ones that I was talking to you about.
Ah ok cool, I thought they were, wasn't too sure. I've heard from some people that they do constantly run, so there is a daytime light, but the indicators are red. Others the opposite.. No constant running light, but orange indicators.. Only reason I've been asking around, so apologies if it looked like I doubted you mate!

How much are you selling yours for chezqui? PM me or drop me a text if you can.

Cheers,

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts