Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all! I’ve been lurking for sometime and realized I have posted my introduction. I recently pulled the triggered and bought myself a ‘22 Bobber from OC Cycles back on 1/8/22. Which happened to be by 21st year anniversary of service in the Navy. Safe to say it was my gift to myself or even an early retirement gift from me to me!
Obviously, I’ve went ahead and did the typical and basic bolt on modifications.

If any of you are in the general area and would like to do some group rides, do tell. I’m am totally down to meet new folks and cruise.

Some things added to the bike:
Wilbers 640 shock
Triumph factory short fender kit
Relocated plate to side axle mount
British Customs pipes
British Customs front LED turns
Rizoma rear LED turns & brake light
Motone X-pipe, rad guard and misc. covers
Headlight grill
Dart windscreen
ASV brake & clutch levers
Corbin seat
Triumph forward controls kit

Well that’s about it for now. Just want to say thank you for the vast amount of knowledge, info, tips and all.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome from sunny and hot North Texas. Enjoy your new ride and thank you for your service to the USA.

Reactions: Ultraxr

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome from the other coast, PA to be more specific. Now that I've seen a Bobber with high bars and the Dart screen I may look into this more. Nice and unobtrusive. Does it help much with the high bars?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from the other coast, PA to be more specific. Now that I've seen a Bobber with high bars and the Dart screen I may look into this more. Nice and unobtrusive. Does it help much with the high bars?
definitely less pounding in the chest. And with my ride/seat height. I’m just below the helmet buffering so my head isn’t getting tossed around.

·
Registered
399 Posts
definitely less pounding in the chest. And with my ride/seat height. I’m just below the helmet buffering so my head isn’t getting tossed around.
+1. I noticed a big improvement in ride quality at highway speeds. I don't have the high bars, but until I added the Dart my chest acted like a spinnaker putting pressure on my arms. Now I have a much more relaxed grip on the bars..Helmet buffeting is controlled by positioning. I found low to the headlight works best for me (i.e. no buffeting).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+1. I noticed a big improvement in ride quality at highway speeds. I don't have the high bars, but until I added the Dart my chest acted like a spinnaker putting pressure on my arms. Now I have a much more relaxed grip on the bars..Helmet buffeting is controlled by positioning. I found low to the headlight works best for me (i.e. no buffeting).
I totally agree with positioning. With the high bars, it naturally puts you more up right. So I lowered my seat to compensate and it feels great riding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow she looks great. What type of mirrors are those? They must be better than oem on the apes
Thanks! The mirrors were from Amazon. I didn’t like the circle Triumoh bar end mirrors. They felt too small for under mount. If they were flipped up they would have been a better viewing angle but I didn’t want them flipped up. I went with these since they were larger and I just used the factory mounts on the controls and mounted them upside down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings all! I’ve been lurking for sometime and realized I have posted my introduction. I recently pulled the triggered and bought myself a ‘22 Bobber from OC Cycles back on 1/8/22. Which happened to be by 21st year anniversary of service in the Navy. Safe to say it was my gift to myself or even an early retirement gift from me to me!
Obviously, I’ve went ahead and did the typical and basic bolt on modifications.

If any of you are in the general area and would like to do some group rides, do tell. I’m am totally down to meet new folks and cruise.

Some things added to the bike:
Wilbers 640 shock
Triumph factory short fender kit
Relocated plate to side axle mount
British Customs pipes
British Customs front LED turns
Rizoma rear LED turns & brake light
Motone X-pipe, rad guard and misc. covers
Headlight grill
Dart windscreen
ASV brake & clutch levers
Corbin seat
Triumph forward controls kit

Well that’s about it for now. Just want to say thank you for the vast amount of knowledge, info, tips and all.
I just bought a 2022 bobber Gold line from Southern California Motorcycles near my home in Brea, CA. Nice to hear from an enthusiast from San Diego. I have not done anything to the bike yet, but I'm looking to change the rear fender to a short style and install a Thornton Hundred seat mount. Side license plate will also be an add-on for sure. However, I do have a question. Has anyone installed the Triumph Statement Seat on your bikes? I really like the look of the seat, but wondering how it might compare to the stock saddle in regard to comfort and support.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Go with a Tom Hurley Custom. Gel seat with good comfort.
Fuel tank Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Hood

Reactions: Wooden rat

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I just bought a 2022 bobber Gold line from Southern California Motorcycles near my home in Brea, CA. Nice to hear from an enthusiast from San Diego. I have not done anything to the bike yet, but I'm looking to change the rear fender to a short style and install a Thornton Hundred seat mount. Side license plate will also be an add-on for sure. However, I do have a question. Has anyone installed the Triumph Statement Seat on your bikes? I really like the look of the seat, but wondering how it might compare to the stock saddle in regard to comfort and support.
I have the Statement on mine and I love it, perhaps not quite as comfy as the stock or Triumph's quilted seat but IMHO there's not much in it.

Would it work for you? Well there are three questions you need to answer.

1. What sort of roads do you ride? If you mainly ride the 'Twisties' (we call them normal roads in England) where you're moving around on the bends and slowing down and speeding up a lot, you'll be fine. If on the other hand you mainly ride the Highway straight long stretches at a constant speed were you're sat in one position for hours at a time I'd say forget it the Statements not for you.

2. How old and fit are you? When it comes to comfort the younger and fitter you are the better.

3. How heavy are you, does the OEM shock work for your weight? This is the big one and I believe in many ways it's way more important for comfort than the seat you fit. I guess if you're under a 100kg suited a booted you should be OK but even if you are not on lardy side have you ever had the suspension bottom out on you? OK it's firm with just 3inches of travel it's never going to be a magic carpet ride but it shouldn't be a harsh ride. If you are finding it harsh then I'd try upgrading the shock before buying the Statement seat but if not go for it what have you got to lose?

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

1 - 16 of 16 Posts