Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve been on this forum for some time and at long last I’ve bought a Bobber ?
I had always planned a new bike for when I retired (26/04/18), I had looked at many options including the Black edition and also the Indian Bobber. I loved the new modifications on the Black but I wasn’t a big fan of the all black paint. I just did not want to spend more money changing bits to have the bike I liked as initially I had a budget of about £10,000.
My Bobber would only ever be a good weather bike (we don’t get a lot of that in the UK ☔) and so I set out to buy secondhand which would leave me some cash for new clothing etc
I found a private 10 month old Green/Silver Bobber with .... 81 miles on the clock ! As new condition and with Fox suspension. Saving a whopping £1850 on new. The Bike cost £11250 at the dealers.

I just goes to show that there are bargains to be had out there.
Really happy Bobber owner, I’ll post some pictures once I can work out how to do it ?

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately 300miles is just a bit too far but would be good to have something in the North
?

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I’ve been on this forum for some time and at long last I’ve bought a Bobber ?
I had always planned a new bike for when I retired (26/04/18), I had looked at many options including the Black edition and also the Indian Bobber. I loved the new modifications on the Black but I wasn’t a big fan of the all black paint. I just did not want to spend more money changing bits to have the bike I liked as initially I had a budget of about £10,000.
My Bobber would only ever be a good weather bike (we don’t get a lot of that in the UK ☔) and so I set out to buy secondhand which would leave me some cash for new clothing etc
I found a private 10 month old Green/Silver Bobber with .... 81 miles on the clock ! As new condition and with Fox suspension. Saving a whopping £1850 on new. The Bike cost £11250 at the dealers.

I just goes to show that there are bargains to be had out there.
Really happy Bobber owner, I’ll post some pictures once I can work out how to do it ?
Nice score! Man, only 81 miles on it. Wonder why the seller wanted to sell.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He just didn’t get on with it, he initially bought it as a display for a shop window in tattoo shop !. He is a big Harley-Davidson chopper rider too so maybe it just wasn’t for him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New Bobber.

Sounds like you got a cracking deal.
I also bought mine second hand and had a good deal.
Hopefully the weather will stay good so you can get out on it.
If your ever around Chester on your bike give me a shout.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
It reminds me of a loaner I had when I first got the Guzzi Norge, and it was in for first service. It was a VVT VFR800, had 800 miles on the clock, and was looking for it's third owner... Mind you when I rode it I understood why. The VVT kicked in at an exact RPM, no matter what state the bike was in, so gently adding power into the corner to lighten the front wheel, it would try to spit you off if the revs were right!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts