1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bobber and me :)

i got my bobber in early april ,
coming from riding a heavily modified harley sportster 1200
i did buy the bobber with no test ride ( option to bring it back before putting ,ore than 3 miles on it ) .. and the first week was a little bit weird to say the least .
i did miss the torque and the roar of my sportster ..but i did love the ABS break ..look and overall smoothness of the machine .. did feel like moving from a 70's muscle car to a modern one

the overall feeling was that i did like it ,.,. not too crazy about it and not sure if i did make the right choice

now 3 month later ...
after having finished all the mod i wanted to do ( for now )
and installing an XPIPE and british custom drag pipes ..
holly cow .. i love it !!! the power and the sound !!

great bike.. no regrets and lot of fun

a couples of photos from this morning .. took it to mulholland drive and down in venice for a couple of shots

might add a bigger tank next year .. ( cool inspiration found on this forum )

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts

i did buy the bobber with no test ride ( option to bring it back before putting ,ore than 3 miles on it ) .. and the first week was a little bit weird to say the least .
i did miss the torque and the roar of my sportster ..but i did love the ABS break ..look and overall smoothness of the machine .. did feel like moving from a 70's muscle car to a modern one

the overall feeling was that i did like it ,.,. not too crazy about it and not sure if i did make the right choice

now 3 month later ...

a couples of photos from this morning .. took it to mulholland drive and down in venice for a couple of shots

Great pics, bigger tank essential I guess for a country as vast as yours ??

·
Registered
148 Posts

Great pics Chris!

·
Registered
168 Posts
A lovely bike and phenomenal scenery.

I spent a good 2 hours ride the other week trying to find somewhere half as epic as those to take a photo in the wild but failed miserably. I did get to ride past the local airport as a plane was coming in and have the joy of singing 'Highway to the Dangerzone' at the top of my voice. Not riding alongside an F-14 obviously but still; happy days.

·
Registered
63 Posts

now 3 month later ...

Hello Christophe,

I have the same story, also coming from a heavy modified Sporty and totally agree your story.

I drove my Bobber and my Sporty both for a few months but now the Harley is sold and I'm very happy with my Bobber and the modifications goes one :grin2:

By the way - love your pictures - very good job!

Cheers
Ram

·
Registered
115 Posts
Lovely bike! Great photos and so pleased you've found your direction and made it into the bike you now love.
Like you and so many others here, the Sportster has been part of my life too. Fortunately I got to keep mine; love my 90" transplant too much to let her go. But there's something so very irresistible about the Bobber: so much fun to ride and such a great "canvas" to build from. I'm loving mine too.
And now you've inspired me to go in search of some nice backdrops for better pics too :grin2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts