Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fell in love with the looks of this bike.
Read and watched every review. Went and road it.
Finagled finances got lucky with wife. ( not what your thinking )
Rode 500 miles and cant get off this machine just love it on all the back roads around where I live.
I have adjusted the chain got the bike lift and bobbins. Changed oil and filter. Gotten use to the throttle. Now I have to master turning off the blinkers, kinda tricky for me, always going from left to right. LOL
I have never seen another one the the road yet. People ask what year it is, they think its real old and I love that.
Great Job Triumph !!!! Im going to take good care of her and hopefully she will take care of me. (Yes we are bonding)

Regards, Catchoreno

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Short sharpe and to the point... nice little write up. I can relate to the bonding ;)

I’ve been fighting the urge to do my own write up but I’ve only covered 170 miles so far so perhaps I’ll leave it a little longer.

Enjoy Bobber brother!

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I usually take it easy-ish for the first 100km or so on new tires and ease them through winding corners to get rid of any film or coating left on them. Certainly no rapid throttle openings when exiting a corner until I’m sure the rubber is run in and warm. But also depends on road/weather conditions. The Avon’s warm up pretty quickly, even on cold mornings.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Fell in love with the looks of this bike.
Read and watched every review. Went and road it.
Finagled finances got lucky with wife. ( not what your thinking )
Rode 500 miles and cant get off this machine just love it on all the back roads around where I live.
I have adjusted the chain got the bike lift and bobbins. Changed oil and filter. Gotten use to the throttle. Now I have to master turning off the blinkers, kinda tricky for me, always going from left to right. LOL
I have never seen another one the the road yet. People ask what year it is, they think its real old and I love that.
Great Job Triumph !!!! Im going to take good care of her and hopefully she will take care of me. (Yes we are bonding)

Regards, Catchoreno
Glad you are digging it!

For the finagling of finances, I was thinking you raided her pocket book, or had to do like I did which included a "sit at the table and listen to me..." with lots of eye contact..sometimes with sad cat eyes...oh,ok, call it begging....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts