Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent posted much, more of a reader trying to absorb info, but over the winter I completed my build and got some miles on it this summer.

Mods include:
  • Canyon Motorcycles wheels and fat rear tire kit (now has 180 tire), copper spokes, etc..
  • Free Spirits front and rear Brembo caliper and rotor upgrades
  • Free Spirits X pipe
  • Custom air filter setup
  • Triumph Short front and rear fenders
  • Triumph LED front and rear tail lights
  • Triumph Seat
  • Triumph tag relocation
  • Triumph bar end mirrors
  • Motodemic LED headlight
  • Custom lower LED fog light
  • BoosterPlug
  • Brisk spark plugs
  • Vance and hines pipes
By far the best thing I ever did to the bike was get the Canyon Motorcycles fat tire kit. Going from the 150 to a 180 (1.5" wider) just sets this bike off compared to how it used to look. The free spirits breaks are also awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
That is a big tyre! Adrian is a nice guy.

So that’s a 160/60-17 rear? Have you noticed any change of handling with the wider rear? Any change in ride quality with 17” rim?

·
Registered
687 Posts
How much more light does that fog light throw? Is it tied to the headlight or independently controlled?

·
Registered
687 Posts
That is a big tyre! Adrian is a nice guy.

So that’s a 160/60-17 rear? Have you noticed any change of handling with the wider rear? Any change in ride quality with 17” rim?
Just checked tyre comparison calculator and it appears both front and rear are slightly smaller than stock so bike sits lower. Have you noticed any ground clearance changes?

By the way, mean looking bike!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No real notice. My bike was barely broke in when I did the swap and I tore it all apart and quite literally changed everything at once.. so during that time I might have "forgotten" some of the feel before I switched everything. I literally had 505 miles on it when I tore it all apart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fog light has its own switch that I can turn on. All I had to do was build a little L bracket to mount it. It gives me a more direct and wide lower aiming light - lots of deer in my area, I like having more light to the sides. I added this before I added the Motodemic light - might not have done it because that LED is 10X better than the stock bobber black LED.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The fog light has its own switch that I can turn on. All I had to do was build a little L bracket to mount it. It gives me a more direct and wide lower aiming light - lots of deer in my area, I like having more light to the sides. I added this before I added the Motodemic light - might not have done it because that LED is 10X better than the stock bobber black LED.
looks factory! who makes and where?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts