Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I've got a set of clip ons fitted to my Bobber Black. Sadly, there isn't enough room on the bars to mount even a small bracket for a 5cm Beeline Moto sat nav, which uses the same sort of mount as a GoPro.

The yoke would be an ideal place to mount it through one of the holes where the riser was, but I'm struggling to find the parts to do it.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to mount a phone/sat nav holder with clip ons?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The other suggestion I have, is to mount it using one of the brackets from the optional clock/temperature gauge. Anyone got one of these fitted so I can look at the bracket?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe you can also get a 1” RAM ball mount for the top yoke using the vacated riser screw holes
I could work with a ram ball mount, do you have a picture or a link? Also, what do you mean by "lever mirror mount locations"

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never mind, I just checked. Had the bike a year and never noticed the mirror blanks. That will be perfect, you're a star!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And mounted, just where it needs to be. I've adjusted it now so that its the right way up, but the bracket is nice and inconspicuous when its removed. Great suggestion!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought and installed the RAM mount 1” balls that screw into the lever mirror mount locations on either side. Now I can mount my QuadLock adapter on either side and my GoPro on the other.
Kilyung,
Do you know the Ram part number? I would like to replace the two RAM bar mounts for my phone and camera. I think using your mounting method will look nice and tidy.

Thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
I believe RAM-B-367U is easiest. I misspoke when I said “screw-in” as the M8 holes aren’t tapped. You have to screw it into a locking nut from the bottom. You can also drill and tap the holes for the M10 RAM mount RAM-B-349U.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe RAM-B-367U is easiest. I misspoke when I said “screw-in” as the M8 holes aren’t tapped. You have to screw it into a locking nut from the bottom. You can also drill and tap the holes for the M10 RAM mount RAM-B-349U.
Thank you for the information. another amazon order on the down low. shhhh she sees and hears everything.. 😂

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you for the information. another amazon order on the down low. shhhh she sees and hears everything.. 😂
Busted.. The RAM ball mounts were delivered with a package she ordered.It was cheaper than her package so I am safe for the moment. Just finished installing then. Looks so much cleaner that the bar ram mounts. Now I have an unobstructed view of my display.
Thanks again Kilyung 😁👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guess I'm late chiming in on this thread. I have bar end mirrors on my 2018 Speedmaster and have plugged the right mirror mount hole but on the left I have a RAM mount ball that I inserted and nutted it from the underside. I'll attach a picture. Looks pretty clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
View attachment 38025
Guess I'm late chiming in on this thread. I have bar end mirrors on my 2018 Speedmaster and have plugged the right mirror mount hole but on the left I have a RAM mount ball that I inserted and nutted it from the underside. I'll attach a picture. Looks pretty clean.
definitely looks clean. I mount phone on the left and camera on the right.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts