Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thought I'd let you guys know, I asked Motone Customs via Instagram whether a tail tidy or rear fender was in the pipeline for the Bobber, the reply I got was a resounding yes.

I was actually sent a photo of the 3D printed prototype, but for those who know Instagram and their Direct Messages, it was a temporary pic and disappeared, so didn't get a chance to save it! It looks a lot more refined, slicker, and less bulky. It's plug 'n' play (confirmed) and appears to be compatible with their indicators and rear lights, but don't quote me on that.

Guessing further details will come about in the new year, if I hear anything, I'll update this thread. I'd like a neater tail tidy, and a plug 'n' play option, so I'm holding out for this. :grin2:

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the pic, rest assured, once available we will have it. Trying to get a few other vendors in the game for a clean tail option. View attachment 29885
Yeah that's the one!

According to a reply they posted on Facebook, the unit should be ready for production in February - I'm looking forward to getting one. CAD pic for those interested.
Thanks for sharing the pic. It'll definitely be my first Bobber related purchase of 2019.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just what I'm looking for. I hope the license plate bracket is removable... I'd hate to break out the grinder first thing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I definitely like the look of the British Customs one better. Hopefully some competition may speed things along with theirs.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I got tired of waiting. Motone’s setup would have to look pretty good for me to change my setup. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Update: The die-cast tooling finally came in, but apparently a Sasquatch stole it off the receiving dock. The game warden recovered the tooling but unfortunately it is being held as evidence.

Nonetheless, production units will still be available by February. That's a firm promise.

-GPz/Gary

1 - 20 of 72 Posts