Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting this on here for @MoxyDave and @Riley92 and any others having issues with scraping the kick stand after installed Motone H-Bomb
First off - i love the sound and look of the pipes. I run mine without DB killers and I literally laugh out loud when riding the bike
The problem is the header pipe returns a good inch lower than the OEM and the OEM pipe then lifts slightly. Ive not had the patience to do any proper measuring but you'll see on one of the photos the return to the CAT on the OEM header sits on top of the Motone pipe.
Anyhoo how to fix it.....wait for Motone to issue their next version or ...... try and follow what my friendly engineer did for me.
He removed the part of the kickstand held on with two bolts and reprofiled it. he didnt take any before photos so i cant show a compare but hopefully that is apparent when you look at the photo and compare with your original.
he then repositioned the exhaust bracket allowing the stand to rest higher.
Bicycle part Audio equipment Tints and shades Auto part Metal

Gas Water Household hardware Fixture Metal

Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Rim Automotive wheel system

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Automotive exhaust Bumper

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Tread Bicycle tire
Gas Water Household hardware Fixture Metal
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bicycle part
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Automotive exhaust Bumper
Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Rim Automotive wheel system
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper
Bicycle part Audio equipment Tints and shades Auto part Metal

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Tread Bicycle tire

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bicycle part

·
Registered
67 Posts
Clever fix! Thanks for the photos.

I too smile like the Cheshire Cat when I hit the throttle. Maybe after I figure out the correct ECU mapping I'll try it without the baffles too. I do like being kind of stealth when I want to though ...

I can't weld worth a **** otherwise I might have already tried something like this.

Well done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clever fix! Thanks for the photos.

I too smile like the Cheshire Cat when I hit the throttle. Maybe after I figure out the correct ECU mapping I'll try it without the baffles too. I do like being kind of stealth when I want to though ...

I can't weld worth a **** otherwise I might have already tried something like this.

Well done.
For “stealth mode” I dip the clutch 😎 and yeah getting a tune as part of my girls next fitting. Matris and Wilbers plus DNA air filter

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's one way to do it!

I'm waiting on a full Matris set myself. We have some really crappy roads around here and the Bobber gets SO upset with the stockers. Can't wait.

Were you planning on buying a tune from DNK or some such, or doing it yourself?

I'm thinking of trying to find a local dyno and working on it myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah suspension bits havent arrived yet and same i just want to smooth out the corners a bit as it sometimes feels shes trying to throw me off
I'm lucky to have an ex triumph mechanic doing the mods for me. he races bikes and has a little network of folk including an engineer (who welded the exhaust) and a tuning guy who is looking at the various download options but we think we'll just let him do it "manually" .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ended up cutting the exhaust stop bracked off, and cutting the foot of the stand just enough and polishing it so it just tucks under the exhaust, and removing the stand "kick" bracket all together. I just reach down and grab the stand when i need to extend it down. Im disappointed in Motone to be honest. It shouldn't come to us hacking our bikes up because they cant admit there is a problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts