Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Youtuber Motoman had a chance to test ride a 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber for half an hour and he proclaims it an all-around ‘great machine’ with a refined feeling.

This review is coming from someone who’s used to owning naked and dirt bikes so the general feeling of a Bobber is foreign to him, but he still found the its gearbox to be very nice and smooth with just enough vibration to give it some character. As with all twin 1200 engines, there’s going to be plenty of torque and power on tap, perfect for the highways of Thailand.

He actually didn’t expect it to be that quick getting up to speed and there’s plenty of power to be had even in fourth gear.

As for the Bobber’s ergonomics, he found it to be similar to that of sitting in a chair. Legs are bent at a 90 degree angle and his back is just slightly bent to reach the handlebar, but otherwise it felt neutral and very comfortable, perfect for long rides. Other features that has won him over is the gear indicator, adjustable seat and gauge, and the two finger adjustable clutch.

The only gripe he has with the Bobber, and what’s preventing him from getting one is its inability to wheelie and the price. If he had an option to buy a second bike, the Triumph Bobber could be a strong contender.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I actually don't think it's a bad thing that it won't wheelie. I like a nice stable ride where I know if I wring it back, it'll sit and go!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Yamaha FZ-09 that will do all the wheelies I don't want or expect, and my Bobber is just as much fun. I'm too old to wheelie anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sage advice early on....don't adjust the seat while driving. Nice video. Motorcycles, pretty girl on ugly guy's bike. Lane splitting, nice commentary. Thanks for posting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts