Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have fitted them to my 2017 Bobber with no issues, and they are excellent! I did have to remove the threaded bung from the bar end, but that was easier than I thought it would be. Keep in mind- I did this on the Triumph Low Handlebar Kit (clip-ons). I do have the factory mirrors/peep mirrors installed using all original hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
497 Posts
I would just be careful that the turn signal piece that goes in to the bar doesn’t interfere with the wire for the heated grip. There was a person on here that has them installed with heated grips but it looked like he had (or whomever installed) custom spacers made.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Please post or send more pictures of your bike i would like to see your whole set up.
I see you have clip-ons and a grip wrap but also i see brown fork covers.

Please explain those brown fork covers, and what kind of wrap it is also what kind of levers you have on

·
Registered
94 Posts
Please post or send more pictures of your bike i would like to see your whole set up.

I see you have clip-ons and a grip wrap but also i see brown fork covers.

Please explain those brown fork covers, and what kind of wrap it is also what kind of levers you have on

I installed BAAK Motocyclette aged brown leather fork gaiters (6 fold version). I am also currently running the Triumph low handlebar kit, which I wired internally, with Triumph peep mirrors, and Motogadget M-Blaze bar end signals. I am currently using the stock switch gear, but I am planning to swap that out for some pushbutton handlebar control housings over the holidays. With that, I will be concerting the throttle and brake setup to make the bike look REALLY old school. Currently, though, I am using some Ride It levers, à la Amazon (6-position adjustable billet aluminum short lever set). I have shaved the tank, and custom made a wood seat with two layers of a skateboard deck sandwiching a clear layer of casting resin with an LED light strip embedded deep inside. I have Rizoma Club-S multi-function tears installed in the bungs on the swing arm where the rear mudguard support used to be bolted in. I have done away with the front and rear fender/mudguard completely. I deleted the ignition lock cylinder completely. I installed a Shorai battery, and with the space I saved in so doing, relocated the diagnostic port, main fuse, fuse block, and rear lighting harness connection inside the battery box. I have swapped to the black finned exhaust clamps, black engine cases and sprocket cover, and done a Motone X-pipe/BC drag pipe install. I deleted the air boxes and installed conical filters. I fabricated a bracket to move the throttle body harness connection up and out of sight. I have the Triumph side mount plate kit and swing bag installed. I also swapped the factory headlight assembly for a 7” Lucas style housing and LED headlight. I have the Motone black TPS covers installed, I also removed and blacked out the entire throttle body assembly. There is honestly a good bit more done to it, but that is really taxing my brain to recall at this point! It is a work in progress; I never stop. I have already deleted several things from the factory harness, and modified or added the things I wanted. I actually chipped the “vehicle down” switch. I am seriously considering doing the same with the side stand switch and O2 sensors. On the fence about those, though. My harness is already very different, so I am thinking about just removing it and doing a 100% custom harness. I could probably reduce the factory harness half of its factory thickness and weight, not to mention make it better. I have tons of notes and sketches on wiring; when I get a second to do final production wiring tables and diagrams, I will post them in the electrical section of the tech forum.

·
Registered
59 Posts

I installed BAAK Motocyclette aged brown leather fork gaiters (6 fold version). I am also currently running the Triumph low handlebar kit, which I wired internally, with Triumph peep mirrors, and Motogadget M-Blaze bar end signals. I am currently using the stock switch gear, but I am planning to swap that out for some pushbutton handlebar control housings over the holidays. With that, I will be concerting the throttle and brake setup to make the bike look REALLY old school. Currently, though, I am using some Ride It levers, à la Amazon (6-position adjustable billet aluminum short lever set). I have shaved the tank, and custom made a wood seat with two layers of a skateboard deck sandwiching a clear layer of casting resin with an LED light strip embedded deep inside. I have Rizoma Club-S multi-function tears installed in the bungs on the swing arm where the rear mudguard support used to be bolted in. I have done away with the front and rear fender/mudguard completely. I deleted the ignition lock cylinder completely. I installed a Shorai battery, and with the space I saved in so doing, relocated the diagnostic port, main fuse, fuse block, and rear lighting harness connection inside the battery box. I have swapped to the black finned exhaust clamps, black engine cases and sprocket cover, and done a Motone X-pipe/BC drag pipe install. I deleted the air boxes and installed conical filters. I fabricated a bracket to move the throttle body harness connection up and out of sight. I have the Triumph side mount plate kit and swing bag installed. I also swapped the factory headlight assembly for a 7” Lucas style housing and LED headlight. I have the Motone black TPS covers installed, I also removed and blacked out the entire throttle body assembly. There is honestly a good bit more done to it, but that is really taxing my brain to recall at this point! It is a work in progress; I never stop. I have already deleted several things from the factory harness, and modified or added the things I wanted. I actually chipped the “vehicle down” switch. I am seriously considering doing the same with the side stand switch and O2 sensors. On the fence about those, though. My harness is already very different, so I am thinking about just removing it and doing a 100% custom harness. I could probably reduce the factory harness half of its factory thickness and weight, not to mention make it better. I have tons of notes and sketches on wiring; when I get a second to do final production wiring tables and diagrams, I will post them in the electrical section of the tech forum.

thanks for all the info. Shes a beauty. Keep it up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
John.

Just wanted to say you did an awesome job with your bike. I really, really like it!! It also reinforces why I like the bigger front tire of the regular bobber over the BB. On a side note, I noticed you did some paint work on the tires. I have had the paint pens for a couple months but have not got up the nerve to do it yet. I think I like how you just did a limited amount rather than all the raised letters. How is it holding up so far?

·
Registered
94 Posts
John.

Just wanted to say you did an awesome job with your bike. I really, really like it!! It also reinforces why I like the bigger front tire of the regular bobber over the BB. On a side note, I noticed you did some paint work on the tires. I have had the paint pens for a couple months but have not got up the nerve to do it yet. I think I like how you just did a limited amount rather than all the raised letters. How is it holding up so far?

I did mine SEVERAL months and a few thousands miles ago- it has held up beautifully! I did three coats using the white paint pen right of the shelf at Home Depot. I cleaned the area well first, let it dry thoroughly, then brushed it well using a nylon bristle scrub brush (also the kind you’d find at Home Depot on the cleaning isle). Once that was done, I just went slow and even, blotting the pen on a folded paper towel to keep the paint flowing. My technique is simple but wildly effective: start anywhere in the center of the letter or area and go towards the edge, LIFTING THE PEN AS YOU RUN OFF THE EDGE. This leaves with you a flawless edge to edge coverage without any bleed-over or having to mask the area. Kind of like brush and lift off. It will look kinda poopy in the middle as your marker lifts up strokes you just put down, but be patient and believe in the process. Keep the marker flowing with that paper towel; press hard and really get it going. Then lay it on even and let it dry thoroughly before the next coat. By coat three, they look solid and clean. The cobra head has such small scales in places that two coats are all you need. I’m lazy and have ADHD, so I put the bike on the paddock stands and pulled the wheels off. I sat on the floor in the living, had about 20 Coors Banquet bottles, and watched Die Hard while I did it. Couldn’t be happier. $4 mod that took about 3 hours. I did one side, one coat, one wheel, then switch. Do that four times to get one coat on both sides of both tires. Rinse and repeat three times, you’re done!

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I did mine SEVERAL months and a few thousands miles ago- it has held up beautifully! I did three coats using the white paint pen right of the shelf at Home Depot. I cleaned the area well first, let it dry thoroughly, then brushed it well using a nylon bristle scrub brush (also the kind you’d find at Home Depot on the cleaning isle). Once that was done, I just went slow and even, blotting the pen on a folded paper towel to keep the paint flowing. My technique is simple but wildly effective: start anywhere in the center of the letter or area and go towards the edge, LIFTING THE PEN AS YOU RUN OFF THE EDGE. This leaves with you a flawless edge to edge coverage without any bleed-over or having to mask the area. Kind of like brush and lift off. It will look kinda poopy in the middle as your marker lifts up strokes you just put down, but be patient and believe in the process. Keep the marker flowing with that paper towel; press hard and really get it going. Then lay it on even and let it dry thoroughly before the next coat. By coat three, they look solid and clean. The cobra head has such small scales in places that two coats are all you need. I’m lazy and have ADHD, so I put the bike on the paddock stands and pulled the wheels off. I sat on the floor in the living, had about 20 Coors Banquet bottles, and watched Die Hard while I did it. Couldn’t be happier. $4 mod that took about 3 hours. I did one side, one coat, one wheel, then switch. Do that four times to get one coat on both sides of both tires. Rinse and repeat three times, you’re done!

John, you should seriously think about doing a build thread and then add a link to the build thread link page. Lots of very unique changes, and the fact that you continue to tweak things would make it really interesting to follow. Definitely some extreme stuff, so you're obviously quite the pro, especially at electrical. Very impressive!

·
Registered
94 Posts
John, you should seriously think about doing a build thread and then add a link to the build thread link page. Lots of very unique changes, and the fact that you continue to tweak things would make it really interesting to follow. Definitely some extreme stuff, so you're obviously quite the pro, especially at electrical. Very impressive!

I have been thinking about creating a YouTube channel and posting some of the more common and popular mod “how-to” videos. I have several sources for manufacturer OEM connectors and wiring, leading me to think that I could should start making things like a plug and play rear lighting sub-harness that lets folks simply unplug the factory sub-harness, plug mine in, and connect Rizoma or other lights that use typical bullet connectors. My little plug to delete the vehicle down switch, while controversial and *potentially* dangerous, could spare some ladies gents the indignity of being stuck when the factory switch decides to take the day off. I love this bike, and the community of fine people who also enjoy their Bobbers, so anything I can do to spread that would be an absolute pleasure!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have fitted them to my 2017 Bobber with no issues, and they are excellent! I did have to remove the threaded bung from the bar end, but that was easier than I thought it would be. Keep in mind- I did this on the Triumph Low Handlebar Kit (clip-ons). I do have the factory mirrors/peep mirrors installed using all original hardware.

How did you get the threaded bung out of the bars?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts