Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing one this weekend. Is there a simple way to aim it, without using the method on the jw speaker website? Can I just mark where the stock headlight points on my garage wall, then aim the new light at the same spot?

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
That's what I did. It's a motorcycle headlight...not a lot of play with regard to aiming. I didn't have to do anything to adjust mine after the swap.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read in some other posts here that some of you used rubber or nylon washers on the motodemic brackets. Mine did not come with any, so I've installed the light without them. Everything seems to fit fine. Should I be adding nylon washers between the brackets and the headlight bucket?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Nylon is very "slippery". You would be adjusting the headlight often. Use a more sticky washer.

Chico

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My front left turn signal doesnt work. Could this be related to the headlight install? Or did it just die while being parked all winter?

·
Registered
310 Posts
My front left turn signal doesnt work. Could this be related to the headlight install? Or did it just die while being parked all winter?
I have had the tank off on mine a couple of times, the second time when it went back together the turn signals on one side stopped working. There is a connection under the tank and they are not very well pushed together. So if the wires are stretched its easy to disconnect. I would definitely check this on yours.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have had the tank off on mine a couple of times, the second time when it went back together the turn signals on one side stopped working. There is a connection under the tank and they are not very well pushed together. So if the wires are stretched its easy to disconnect. I would definitely check this on yours.
I will second that. I had that exact thing happen as well when I put mine on the first time, just undid the tank slid it back a bit gave the exposed end of the plug a poke and away it went, has worked fine ever since.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I will give it a look. Is it obvious which connectors are for the turn signals once I lift the tank?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts