Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems I started a duplicate thread..... oops.

I did the same thing. Back and forth green/silver or red. The wife said red. My son agreed. They both look great.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Originally my wife said red to. But I kept showing her picture of the green/silver and she said it grew on her. When I ordered it, it was down the wire when I finally settled on the color. The red does look great though. All the colors do. U could paint the tank with neon blue flames with orange polkadots and the bike would still look bad a**.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, so it didn't sell on eBay for the ridiculously inflated over list price I put it up for which means I'm having another attempt at "bonding". Having thrown a handful of accessories at it, I must admit to feeling a bit better. The US spec' V&H's do pop and burble nicely on the overrun. Short rear mudguard (that's a fender for you non English speakers) is on backorder.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Ok, so it didn't sell on eBay for the ridiculously inflated over list price I put it up for which means I'm having another attempt at "bonding". Having thrown a handful of accessories at it, I must admit to feeling a bit better. The US spec' V&H's do pop and burble nicely on the overrun. Short rear mudguard (that's a fender for you non English speakers) is on backorder.

Stunning!
Love the red color, brown seat & vintage plate. One of the nicest pics & mods i´ve seen of the Bobber !!!!

Do the US Spec V&H come with removable baffles?
I´m just wondering how different they are from the EU homologated ones.

I have been looking at the V&H today and although the baffle is not removable, it will be easy to drill a small hole in it. But before i (i.e the mechanic) does anything drastic, i want to hear how it sounds with the DECAT first...

·
Registered
25 Posts
US spec' V&H doesn't have baffles, you can look down the inside and see the linkage pipe at the other end. You can also undo the cap head fixings and rotate the angle of the "slash cut" I'm undecided at the moment between 45 degree up or down (it's up in the picture and looks like a massive big pipe)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Do you have an unedited photo that I can oogle over the seat a bit better with :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
US spec' V&H doesn't have baffles, you can look down the inside and see the linkage pipe at the other end. You can also undo the cap head fixings and rotate the angle of the "slash cut" I'm undecided at the moment between 45 degree up or down (it's up in the picture and looks like a massive big pipe)
Good to know, thanks.
I will check tomorrow to see if the end caps can be rotated on the EU spec V&Hs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts