Side mount plate relocate
Triumph rear light kit
New Rage front signals
Triumph small bar end mirrors
Cat delete
Vance and Hines exhaust
Wrapped exhaust
Remap for exhaust changes

I really like this bike so far. It is a torque monster and sounds so good. It is nice that it is not obnoxious at idle but really comes alive when you get on the gas.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tech at my dealer told me that Triumph has different “richer” Maps available for exhaust and intake modification. They advised that it would be best to go richer across the board with the exhaust change.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice bike mate!
Tell me; is it the light when you took the photo; or did you darken the seat a bit? Please let me know because I also have the statement seat in brown, but it's more orangey-brown than in your photos.

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say it is a little darker but would get lighter as it “dries” more. I hit it with a coat of mink oil type product to waterproof and protect it. It gets a deep dark look when that is first applied.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would say it is a little darker but would get lighter as it “dries” more. I hit it with a coat of mink oil type product to waterproof and protect it. It gets a deep dark look when that is first applied.
Okay thanks, I will try that.

mike

·
Registered
187 Posts
Every time I see white wall tires, I always think back to those Goodyear lights up tires from the 60s. Great looking build!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Every time I see white wall tires, I always think back to those Goodyear lights up tires from the 60s. Great looking build!
Thanks. My vision was for this bike to maybe have a 60’s look. I had a guy this past weekend tell me that I had a good looking bike and “they don’t make them like that anymore”. I think he was more than a little surprised when I told him it was a 2018.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks. My vision was for this bike to maybe have a 60’s look. I had a guy this past weekend tell me that I had a good looking bike and “they don’t make them like that anymore”. I think he was more than a little surprised when I told him it was a 2018.
A similar thing happened to me a couple of months ago, when I was on the guest list at a "Tito & Tarantula" concert here in Germany; Tito Larriva, the band leader congratulated me on my "gorgeous bike" and said "you really done that well, how old is it?"

He was of course even more surprised when I told him that she's new and that you can buy them like this today! He invited me to his next gig, a week later and we talked about his next Euro tour 2018, and how I'd like to get a photo of him sitting on my bike; he agreed. So next year I should have a pic of "Tito on a Triumph":wink2:

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think the whitewalls really lift the look of the bike.

Even on my ironstone they brought a visual improvement. So much so that, while the bike was away, I was regretting my descision to get it repainted. Turned out ok in the end though :)

That seat works really well with the red too.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the whitewalls really lift the look of the bike.

Even on my ironstone they brought a visual improvement. So much so that, while the bike was away, I was regretting my descision to get it repainted. Turned out ok in the end though :)

That seat works really well with the red too.
I think your bike looks really good. When I saw the pic of it, I knew I was heading in the right direction with how I thought mine would turn out. I have one more pretty good modification in the works now. I won’t let the cat out of the bag now, but it is something I haven’t seen done.

Personally I think the blacked out look is overdone and I like to see some different colors mixed in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts