1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
LLR71, I just wanted to point out that the mirrors are sold as single units, so remember to buy 2! :wink2:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks. A bit unusual to look down to check but that only took a ride or two to become a natural habit. I am happy with it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. A bit unusual to look down to check but that only took a ride or two to become a natural habit. I am happy with it.
I have already inverted standard mirrors. Took about 5 minutes to stop looking in usual place and to look down to use. I think inverted makes the bike look better. Only problem is standard mirrors normal or inverted protrude slightly more than bars, this means its very tight getting through side gate and rear where i store bike.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Whats turning like? Do they come into knees when full lock?
I have had my factory mirrors inverted since buying the bike. The ONLY plus is looks! I find that looking down that far and inside my arms (which block some of the view) that my eyes are off the road ahead longer than I’d wish for safety. I’m considering put back to stock! Yes, they hit your knees when performing parking lot maneuvers. IMO

·
Registered
296 Posts
Never could understand the upside down mirror thing. Daft.

On the other hand though, I admit I ditched the stock mirrors and installed one Triumph branded peep mirror on the right hand bar (right way up). At first I thought I was just being a fashion over function queen going for a more minimalist look. I soon discovered though, that the field of view provided by that little mirror is pretty danged good!

Function AND fashion - who'd have thought it?!

·
Registered
94 Posts
It looks like Getor is using wide bars (wider than the OEMS). So best to check with bike brothers before buying regarding clearance and steering lock issues.
You are right. These are the Biker Brothers "Lenker oldstyle Bobber 1". Pretty much wider than the original. And very cool :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
THe Honda 1100 Pan (ST1100 for the 'muricans) had mirrors mounted low on the fairing... Odd looking down...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Might work with Mini Ape bars
Not to sound like I hate everything... ;) I’m not a fan of the ape’s either 0:)

It’s just a case of being more of a function over form kinda guy... you should see some of the set ups in the race cars I’ve had over the years... if it doesn’t add lightness, strength or safety then it’s binned! >:)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Risers ?:|
Nah... hate those too.... just kidding! ;)

It boils downs to the riding position that I currently have working perfectly for me and as much and I like to customise things I won’t do it at the expense of safety.

Checking mirrors to see if it’s safe to make a manoeuvre is somewhat antiquated if said check requires looking down and losing a fair degree of usuable peripheral vision. In effect to carry out a safety check I would be potentially making things more dangerous for myself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts