Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was not a great day for MN motorcyclists. I was supposed to pick my bike up this Wednesday, but they're forecasting another 1-3" of snow on top of this! No bueno........ One of the city snow plows (dump truck with 2 huge plows on the front) got stuck in front of my house tonight. Never seen that before! Needless to say, I'm not going to get my bike this week. Bummer. Anybody else feeling my pain?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
This winter seems to be hanging on longer than usual, I think. The East Coast got lucky Friday and Saturday, it was close to 80 F. then the temp plunged to low forties. What a tease Mother Nature is.:surprise:
Hope you get your new toy soon.

Chico

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The winter has been longer, colder and wetter than normal. Even here in Mallorca - we are getting some cold fronts from Siberia(!) and a lot more rain than normal.
Though next week it looks like spring will finally stop being shy and come out to greet us.

I hope you get to pick up your bike soom - though in the kind of weather you´re having, its better off sleeping/trickle charging at the dealer anyway as riding is impossible :eek:
In the meantime, search the forum & start ordering those accessories !! :wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The winter has been longer, colder and wetter than normal. Even here in Mallorca - we are getting some cold fronts from Siberia(!) and a lot more rain than normal.
Though next week it looks like spring will finally stop being shy and come out to greet us.

I hope you get to pick up your bike soom - though in the kind of weather you´re having, its better off sleeping/trickle charging at the dealer anyway as riding is impossible :eek:
In the meantime, search the forum & start ordering those accessories !! :wink2:
If only I could learn to sit on my wallet like you're able to from time to time, eisen77...lol I just finalized an order for a beautiful leather fuel bottle holder and key fob that'll match the dark brown thing I have going on with my bike, so this snow isn't all bad. And as I wait for my turn to take delivery, I get to live vicariously through all of the people on this site that are able to hit the road and are kind enough to post pics of their beautiful bikes and scenery.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
If only I could learn to sit on my wallet like you're able to from time to time, eisen77...lol I just finalized an order for a beautiful leather fuel bottle holder and key fob that'll match the dark brown thing I have going on with my bike, so this snow isn't all bad. And as I wait for my turn to take delivery, I get to live vicariously through all of the people on this site that are able to hit the road and are kind enough to post pics of their beautiful bikes and scenery.
Any links / pics ?
Love seeing accessories like that!

BTW, it’s easy to sit on my wallet - as its soooo thin after spending everything on my Bobber...>:)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Any links / pics ?
Love seeing accessories like that!

BTW, it’s easy to sit on my wallet - as its soooo thin after spending everything on my Bobber...>:)
I found this guy on Etsy.com. He's in England and does all sorts of work. I really like the way the stitching and design of his items look online. He's making me a dark brown Brass Shackle Cowhide Key Ring and Spare Fuel Bottle Holder in a dark brown color not-pictured on the key fob or fuel bottle pages, but like the brown on the business card case page. I think they'll look fantastic with the Omega Racer swingarm bag and brown quilted seat that I already have.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Takakuda?ref=l2-shopheader-name

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Nice - hand crafted items. No doubt they will look great!

Is the quilted seat light or dark brown? (impossible to gauge from pics on the net as they all vary).
I am going to order a seat during the interim period of my Corbin, but can’t decide on black or brown for my ironstone.
The statement is really, really nice - but unfortunately my coccyx is playing up a lot lately and anything over 50km is torture.
The flatter (and more padded) quilted seat may suit me better for the 6-8 weeks that I have to wait for the Corbin to be sent over.
The cup of the stock seat gets a resounding no from my tailbone!

Sorry to go off topic!!

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice - hand crafted items. No doubt they will look great!

Is the quilted seat light or dark brown? (impossible to gauge from pics on the net as they all vary).
I am going to order a seat during the interim period of my Corbin, but can’t decide on black or brown for my ironstone.
The statement is really, really nice - but unfortunately my coccyx is playing up a lot lately and anything over 50km is torture.
The flatter (and more padded) quilted seat may suit me better for the 6-8 weeks that I have to wait for the Corbin to be sent over.
The cup of the stock seat gets a resounding no from my tailbone!

Sorry to go off topic!!
No worries about staying on topic in here...lol My seat is the Triumph dark brown quilted. I haven't ridden on it yet, but I love the look and I trust the impressions others have shared. At some point I'm planning on recovering my stock seat in a different dark brown with accents, just so I can swap from time to time when I want a different look or feel.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Thanks for the pic. Brown it is !

The “cup” of the stock seat hurts me in no time at all and the statement is great, but also lets the pain set in within a short time. Bl**dy coccyx !!!!!!

Ordering from World of Triumph in a moment...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ysoslo,

Man when I looked at the national radar this morning, I noticed you are getting more wet snow and cold. It has got to be killin' ya, especially when you know it is ready for delivery. This cold front is the same front that also plowed through the south yesterday. Locally here now in south AL, it is back to sun and warm temps.

I will be up that way, Glencoe, & Belle Plaine, area this Spring/Summer working on a few aircraft and I always bring a motorcycle with in the tool trailer. Of course this year it will be my Bobber Black.

If you are interested, I let you know as I have been following your posts and your Bobber sounds like it will be tricked out and I would be interested in seeing it live!

May your weather turn soon!
Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Today was not a great day for MN motorcyclists. I was supposed to pick my bike up this Wednesday, but they're forecasting another 1-3" of snow on top of this! No bueno........ One of the city snow plows (dump truck with 2 huge plows on the front) got stuck in front of my house tonight. Never seen that before! Needless to say, I'm not going to get my bike this week. Bummer. Anybody else feeling my pain?
Can you believe the snow?! Crazy.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Unbelievable for this time of year. I share your pain. We're getting another snow storm over the next 2 days. Hopefully the storm changes direction or dies out before it reaches MN.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ysoslo,

Man when I looked at the national radar this morning, I noticed you are getting more wet snow and cold. It has got to be killin' ya, especially when you know it is ready for delivery. This cold front is the same front that also plowed through the south yesterday. Locally here now in south AL, it is back to sun and warm temps.

I will be up that way, Glencoe, & Belle Plaine, area this Spring/Summer working on a few aircraft and I always bring a motorcycle with in the tool trailer. Of course this year it will be my Bobber Black.

If you are interested, I let you know as I have been following your posts and your Bobber sounds like it will be tricked out and I would be interested in seeing it live!

Mark
Hi Mark, there is a Triumph dealer in Belle Plaine. That's where I will be picking up my Bobber Black as soon as the weather turns. I did an X-pipe, Vance & Hines exhaust, fox shock, side mount plate and swing arm bag. You may want to drop in, good folks. I went matte black, you?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello Irisheye,

I have been to that Triumph dealer in Belle Plaine several years ago. Saw the 2011 Thunderbird Storm for the first time back then. Amazing all black bike with chrome exhaust. Had a notion for all blacked out back then.

I have the Bobber Jet Black, delivered Feb 2018 and coming up on 500 miles. Ride over to the Triumph dealer in Pensacola, FL next week I guess. Hopefully, I can make an appointment and wait for the service to be completed and then ride back home. The idea of leaving there, . . . don't want t do it!

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Irisheye,

I have been to that Triumph dealer in Belle Plaine several years ago. Saw the 2011 Thunderbird Storm for the first time back then. Amazing all black bike with chrome exhaust. Had a notion for all blacked out back then.

I have the Bobber Jet Black, delivered Feb 2018 and coming up on 500 miles. Ride over to the Triumph dealer in Pensacola, FL next week I guess. Hopefully, I can make an appointment and wait for the service to be completed and then ride back home. The idea of leaving there, . . . don't want t do it!

Mark
I forgot to mention the heated grips...a very good idea in these parts! I will be waiting on my service appointments as well. Not leaving my baby overnight once I finally get her home! Have you had any issues in the first 500 miles?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ysoslo,

Mark
Mark, we'll definitely have to get together when you're up sometime this Summer. Irisheye can maybe join us too if he's free. I'd love to see the Black on the road (saw it at the release party in Minneapolis, but surrounded by crowds rather than cruising down the road) and take in some scenery with a fellow forum member. Maybe the snow will be gone by June? :crying:

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Yeesh. Time to break the snowmobile out and go visit your bike at the dealer!

·
Registered
513 Posts
ho ho

have you seen Eisen77's bike and garage and accessory list, that gent doesnt sit on his wallet. He knows how to treat his bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts