Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve looked around and found some Metzler’s that look like they fit for the Black. Is anyone running these? Or others?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
How about these, scrambler tyres on a Bobber.
I like the look of those tires . . . . but the Bobber - even with a Fox rear shock - can kick my butt when I am riding on pavement. I'm sure as heck not going to take the Bobber out on rutty dirt roads.

And the scrambler tires aren't whitewalls. :|

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Avon Cobras are available in whitewall for the Bobber. I'll be making the switch once I wear my current ones out.
I'm not waiting to wear my tires out. (Life is too short.) I'm calling up my Triumph dealer tomorrow. While I'm at it I will get a short front fender installed as well. Woo hoo!!! >:)

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Avon Cobras are available in whitewall for the Bobber. I'll be making the switch once I wear my current ones out.
Hi Adam,

I've gone back and forth as to wether or not do go this route and have ultimately decided against it. However I'm keen to see photos of anyone's bike who plan to do this. It for sure adds a distinctive and classy touch.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I love the look of whitewalls on our bikes, however I've seen some pics where the white stripe is noticeably thinner on the 19" front tire than the 16" rear (for those of us with "regular" Bobbers), and that doesn't appeal to me as much. Not an issue for those of you with both tires the same size.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I love the look of whitewalls on our bikes, however I've seen some pics where the white stripe is noticeably thinner on the 19" front tire than the 16" rear (for those of us with "regular" Bobbers), and that doesn't appeal to me as much. Not an issue for those of you with both tires the same size.
Agree if the white stripe is different in width, I think that would be weird frankly and not look very good. Like it was a mistake. But if those Avons are the same for front and rear, then definitely a consideration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts