Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was hoping there would be some answers to this by now, surprised there isn't.:unsure:

I've ordered the badges in the left had pic of the original post (4059) and hope i can make them fit the bobber tank. I dunno if anyone has seen pics of these on custom Triumphs but they are such a classy badge, especially i think on dark monotone tanks. The contrast of white background on a dark tank with the black script - really nice.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
put in “tank badge” in the search box and a number of threads will come up, some of which worked, some didn’t. but, you might find some suggestions that will help. they definitely look great.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
It's a worthy challenge, but rather than tackle all of the custom fabrication and associated hassles, many of us have just swapped a Speedmaster tank to have the same look with longer riding range between fuel-ups.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Standard tank and speed master badges. It isn't terribly difficult, You do need to hog out the center of the chrome base a bit to get it to sit nice, A little grinding and fitting is all it takes. But tape the spot on the tank before you start trial fitting the base...

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ysoslo, you have done an excellent job of photographing your bike at the correct angles to not make it look like a"Blobber". Nice bike but most of these conversions destroy the best lines of the bike. In the areas of the country I frequent ( CT., MASS, NEW YORK & FLORIDA ) the stock tank is not a problem. I guess if I rode in remote areas I might think differently. The true 60's or 70"s look of the original Bobber is what drew me in, I don't want a watered down version, Just my opinion, YMMV.
pumped bobber.jpg
pumped bobber.jpg

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
I'm in this camp. I prefer the look of the small tank and I'm thinking of debadging it completly. If I ever get round to a paint job those tank badges are going! Might get an old style triumph logo airbrushed on at a push.(I've got copyright on this idea Diver lol)

I can see why people put the bigger tank on for extra milage. Not sure it looks better.

Speedmaster badges are bit to taj mahal for m liking and defo not my cup of tea but like I always say. If it makes you smile fit it 😎 :p

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm in this camp. I prefer the look of the small tank and I'm thinking of debadging it completly. If I ever get round to a paint job those tank badges are going! Might get an old style triumph logo airbrushed on at a push.(I've got copyright on this idea Diver lol)

I can see why people put the bigger tank on for extra milage. Not sure it looks better.

Speedmaster badges are bit to taj mahal for m liking and defo not my cup of tea but like I always say. If it makes you smile fit it 😎 :p
agree the small tank is the point (like the peanut tank on a sportster) anyway i want something along this design

Attachments

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Ysoslo, you have done an excellent job of photographing your bike at the correct angles to not make it look like a"Blobber". Nice bike but most of these conversions destroy the best lines of the bike. In the areas of the country I frequent ( CT., MASS, NEW YORK & FLORIDA ) the stock tank is not a problem. I guess if I rode in remote areas I might think differently. The true 60's or 70"s look of the original Bobber is what drew me in, I don't want a watered down version, Just my opinion, YMMV. View attachment 47770 View attachment 47770
How you find that saddle bag. Looks nice but If I put that on mine I'm pretty sure anything in it would get flat packed on the 1st speed bump.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Not sure what you mean by flat packed but I have had the swingarm bag on there for 4 years with no issues! I use it almost daily, sweatshirts, water bottles, nite Glasses, phone. snacks even the occasional 1/2 gallon of milk or other groceries!

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Not sure what you mean by flat packed but I have had the swingarm bag on there for 4 years with no issues! I use it almost daily, sweatshirts, water bottles, nite Glasses, phone. snacks even the occasional 1/2 gallon of milk or other groceries!
Flat packed as in squashed. When I had my statement seat on and on it touched the mud guard with no bag.

I see you have the stock seat in the forward position aka the garden knome position
. maybe that's the one benifit of being a shortass ;) :ROFLMAO:

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
To be fair everything looks good in candy red and white walls. Stick that combo on the bobber and you got yourself a real head Turner 😎

I had a cherry red and cream 550 virago back in the day. I still go all mushy inside when I see one today.

That bobber is pressing the same buttons

1 - 20 of 22 Posts