Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well whoopee-do, why even bother printing this negative piece.
The Bobber is a stylish work of art, which takes it's owner on merry cruises from one pub to the next. Surely the words "work" and "Bobber" don't go together.... you go out to PLAY on a Bobber.

Nuff said...

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the next piece, they should see how the Bobber works as a courier bike :laugh:

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you want a bike to commute on there are a lot better options out there. A Honda NC750 would be a far more sensible choice. Common sense though is often in short supply.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't recall triumph advertising the Bobber as a daily commuter machine. Sounds like Mr Marsden has bought himself a racehorse to pull a plow.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The sad part of it all is that these negative reviews receive the most buzz because they don't sound like sold out reviews. Sigh.. oh well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't see the fuss here to be honest - Use my bike to commute into the city when I can with back-pack on the back.

It filters great, a feather light clutch, grunty 2nd & 3rd gear, easy to maneuver & park as the lean angle is not massive! Easy on fuel
AND LOOKS LIKE A MILLION BUCKS!

I would ask - Why NOT commute?
It is what you make of it ....

·
Registered
604 Posts
Rode 3 winters on a 955 triple, i'm sure the bobber will hapilly handle the same, lightweight journo's used to longterm test armchairs with heated seats :p

Reactions: Louie

·
Registered
199 Posts
I ride my Bobber in town almost everyday and now it's the rainy season fortunately it's very warm in Thailand even when it rains, but i have not had any problems or complaints love riding my bike. .... Side note there are a lot of police check points in town (looking for farangs and tourists with out helmets or licences) I get pulled over every time the police just love to oogle this bike take pictures and I had one cop want to take it for a ride!!!! of course i said no!

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
The First Law of journalism is Fill the Space and that's what this chap's doing. The article can be summarized as 'That thing you always thought was a stupid idea? I just tried it, and it IS a stupid idea.'

Some would call it research...

- P

·
Registered
136 Posts
Even though the first two MCN were negative with the corrosion and a broken mirror, if that's all he can find wrong it's really a positive for the Bobber, maybe during the wet season he should buy some GT85 or Muck Off and perform some preventive maintenance.

A Lot of years ago when a motorcycle was my only form of transport a BIG tub of grease was added to the bike (wasn't pretty) for the winter period and then removed in spring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts