Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished installing a rear brake light unit by Maundspeed with an LED lamp, Triumph LED indicators, and I couldn’t be more pleased of how they look together. Maundspeed has the unit listed for the Speedmaster, but it definitely works on the Bobber. Here’s the link to that item. Installation is a P.I.A. if you don’t take off the wheel like I did (then again, I did save myself the effort of taking the rear wheel off). You’ll be best served if you have a small ratcheting bit wrench.

Maundspeed makes excellent products. I’ve bought a few things from them for my air-cooled Triumphs and I’ve never been disappointed. The LED lamp is definitely brighter than the OEM, as are the LED indicators. The photos were taken in my garage in the evening just after I finished. I’ll post some daytime photos tomorrow.

IMO, this is how the Bobber rear assembly should have looked from the factory. Why Triumph has the clean OEM retro Lucas-style brake assemblies on the other Bonneville models and not the Bobber or Speedmaster is a mystery. I’m thrilled to bin that OEM oval unit.

Lastly, James at Maundspeed always provides excellent communication and service. I highly recommend.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm part way through fitting the tail tidy version which does away with the number plate light altogether and raises the plate to just under the light. It's a little more work as you have to cut the original rear light unit but I think it's worth it. I didn't spot that the led light didn't have a clear section to light the number plate so I'm waiting for the Lucas style version to arrive.

I've been impressed with Maund Speed's quality and professionalism.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm part way through fitting the tail tidy version which does away with the number plate light altogether and raises the plate to just under the light. It's a little more work as you have to cut the original rear light unit but I think it's worth it. I didn't spot that the led light didn't have a clear section to light the number plate so I'm waiting for the Lucas style version to arrive.

I've been impressed with Maund Speed's quality and professionalism.
In hindsight, that’s probably the way I should’ve gone. I think I was mainly targeting my dislike for the OEM lamp housing. I’ve had to spread the funds across a few projects on both of my bikes. I suppose I could always do it in the future, but man, I’m not looking forward to getting in between that fender and tire again any time soon.

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Another positive like about the Maund kit; the body is cast metal and not plastic. When I gear up for a trip, the overhang of my bags with tent usually rests on top of the tail light. Been waiting for something to give way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts