Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished cleaning up the rear end. Removed the stock rear lights and plate holder. Replaced w a vertical mount bracket mounted to the axle. Replaced the turn signals with some amber LEDs from Monsterbright. Made a little cover to hide the gaping hole in the fender. Going to back lite it with some green LEDs. Got some wrap-around signals for the front. Next is the T100 headlamp swap, my dealer had a used one in stock and it's on the way! Also, I've stripped and cleared a small ammo can I'll be mounting to the swingarm on the left when the mounting hardware gets in.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally finished cleaning up the rear end. Removed the stock rear lights and plate holder. Replaced w a vertical mount bracket mounted to the axle. Replaced the turn signals with some amber LEDs from Monsterbright. Made a little cover to hide the gaping hole in the fender. Going to back lite it with some green LEDs. Got some wrap-around signals for the front. Next is the T100 headlamp swap, my dealer had a used one in stock and it's on the way! Also, I've stripped and cleared a small ammo can I'll be mounting to the swingarm on the left when the mounting hardware gets in.
Cdubs did you have any issues wiring in the front indicators or was it pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The front signals were really easy. I had to first loosen the tank and slide it back. Just 2 bolts at the rear of the tank attach it to the frame. Each signal (L & R) plugs into the harness with their own connectors on the left site of the neck. All I did was clip the connectors from the factory signals and solder them to the new ones. Covered the splice w/ heat-shrink and just plugged them back in. The harness is tucked into a space behind the neck in front of the engine. Since the factory signals are LED you don't need an in-line resister or anything. Attached a pic of the connectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
That work is really impressive and it looks so clean. How custom do you plan on going with the Bobber? Clearly you have the skills to make it a real piece of art!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really just a weekend warrior hahaha The only other things I'm gonna do is the headlight swap (I like that bigger lamp on the front), and mount an ammo can as the saddle bag. Eventually I'd like to do a set of whitewall tires but I can't justify getting rid of the tires I have yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice work. Where did you find that cover for your back fender. Did you have it fabricated at a metal shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I did that myself. Just took a piece of scrap metal I had and bent it and hammered it out. Took a while to get the curves close but I think the time was worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts